Chapter One - Madi

Please don't forget to comment, vote, and share your opinions! (: 

---------------

My alarm went off, sending a ringing senstation flowing through my ears. I hurriedly shut it off. I contemplated lazing about until the last possible second, but then I remembered today is the day of the fight. I grinned and shot out of my bed like a bottle rocket. I turned on the shower water and impatiently prepared today's outfit while waiting for the water to heat up. I decided on a floral print dress and my favorite pair of sandals. As I got into the hot water, I entered a zone of calmness and deep thought that I immersed myself in until I felt the water getting cold. 

As I dried my hair off and noticed that it looks like a lion's mane when not brushed, I noticed a few things about myself. First, my blonde hair was beginning to look almost platinum as the sun naturally bleached it more and more. Second, my eyes were turning more blue than gray, which I took personal offense to. I've loved my eyes my entire life; why did they have to change now? I scowled as I brushed my hair and teeth, got dressed, and began styling my hair. I figured beachy waves would look nice today, so I used my curler to create them. As I worked, I felt like I was transforming from an average girl to a superstar, in some way. As soon as I had the thought, I felt slightly embarrassed. No one says "superstar" anymore!

But yet, this is coming from the girl that watches Harry Potter on the weekends, runs an active blog dedicated entirely to Star Wars, and has so many one piece pajama sets that it's insane. I love to curl up on the couch, wearing my onesie and enjoying the feeling of relaxation I get from watching Harry Potter and eating too much cookie dough ice cream. As I'd let my mind wander, I realized I'd finished my hair. I flounced up and down in front of the mirror, rejoicing in how lovely my hair looked.

I picked up my backpack, my iPhone, my money, my keys and my wallet from my desk and closed and locked my bedroom door. On my key ring I have the keys to: my bedroom, my car, the garage, the front door, the back door, my best friend's house and my brother's room, just to mess with him when I feel like being mean. I yelled goodbye to my parents and brother and headed out the door to my lovely silver Audi. The 10 minute drive to school was more than boring, so I blasted my music as loud as I could go and drove down the street with the windows rolled down, loving the early morning breeze.

As I pulled up to school, a few heads turned my way. I got many smiles and waves, and my best friend excitedly walked up to the car, her hands fluttering all around her like she had no clue what to do with them.

"So you'll never guess what happened!" she exclaimed. I sighed and laughed.

"Jess, I'm not even in a parking spot yet. Can you wait until I park?" I asked. Her eyes widened and she nodded. I turned the music down and my car off, jingling my keys as I got out and locked the doors securley. I made sure I had my backpack and phone with me before turning to face Jessica. Her idea of good news is her crush wearing the "cutest shirt he can ever possibly wear, duh!" I admire her for being able to find the positive constantly, but when she's always pointing out positive things, I get a little frustrated. She babbled on and on as we walked into school. I fixed my outfit and looked around nervously. 

The only person in this entire school that makes my heart race and my stomach drop is Dallas Morales. Not only does his name rhyme (which is 10x cuter than anything else about him!) but he always finds some way to walk me to class, even when he's with those overly flirtatious girls that seem to be all up on his nuts. I find it rather hysterical that he always knows exactly what joke or mean remark to make about them once they've walked away. Don't get me wrong, I'm no bitch, but when he makes the remarks that he makes, I can't help but laugh hysterically. 

Speaking of Dallas, he walked up out of nowhere and poked my sides, eliciting a giggle from me. Normally, I never giggle or even laugh when people touch my sides, because I'm very protective of my body, but Dallas is one of the few people I'm willing to let in. Jessica stopped mid-sentence and turned to face us, watching as we flirtatiously poked each other and made each other laugh with stupid remarks.