[28]

melody

+

Stiles trembled in fear. His hands hung by his sides. Mr. Stilinski dropped handcuffs into his hands and faced his son again. "You want to handcuff me?"

"If my son is still here, if there's still a part of him standing here in front of me, then he'll put these on willingly and come with me, because he knows, that I'm here to protect him, from himself, and from others." Mr. Stilinski announced. He walked closer to Stiles with every word he spoke, an action that kept the nogitsune on edge

My hands gripped on the steel sliding doors. I was afraid. Panic radiated off my trembling body. My lips quivered and my chest rose and fell with every passing breath. My brain was filled with jumbled and incoherent thoughts. Scattered, my mind wandered for a second. 'How could this be happening?' I thought. And as it has been for a while since I got back home, I had no answer. The only thing I knew for certain was that I was not going to let the Nogitsune get away with the deaths of so many people.

I watched, frozen, as Stiles lifted his hands up in the air, ready for Mr. Stilinski to handcuff him. The metal clinking of the handcuffs echoed in the room. Mr. Stilinski was convinced Stiles was back. He had his son back.

For a moment, this seemed like a victory. But before another word could be spoken, Stiles laughed. His ominous chuckle sent shivers down my spine. I had heard Stiles's laugh a million times, and this was not his laugh. His face turned upward towards us slowly. His eyes sparked with rage and chaos. "You're not my son," Mr. Stilinski spat.

The Nogitsune ripped between the handcuffs. They broke easily and hit the ground with a loud thud. From the corner of my eye, I spotted Mr. Argent and Allison enters through the entrance of the loft. Behind them, Derek approached us, steel blue eyes glowing and claws out.

Allison lifted her stun gun and fired. The Nogitsune held up his hand. He caught the taser with his palm. He felt no harm and no pain. He chuckled. The whirring of the taser had no effect on him. The small probes of the taser gun clung to Stiles's hands gracefully.

Stiles's eyes glared at us.

The Nogitsune pulled at the taser wire until Allison was forced to let it go. The gun dropped to the floor.

Derek lunged forward.

"Don't hurt him!" I yelled, but before I knew it, Derek had hit the floor.

He let out a few groans and coughs before turning to me, "That isn't Stiles," he roared.

Tensions rose quickly. Allison's father held a gun at Stiles, threatening to kill him.

"Argent, listen to me, don't do this." Mr. Stilinski began.

"Why not?" Mr. Argent argued. "I've done it before; werewolves, berserkers. I can easily add a nogitsune to the list."

Another gun click shook my nerves. My temples stung. It was a sharp pain I couldn't shake off. My hearing intensified, simple sounds of breathing seemed loud enough to make my ears hurt. The intensity of the situation had elevated. My hands gripped my daggers. Mr. Stilinski had his gun raised, and I had the loop of my blades hooked by my thumbs.

"You're not going to shoot my son." He said.

"This isn't your son sheriff." Mr. Argent began again, "That's not your son."

"You're not going to shoot Stiles, Mr. Argent," I said, tightly gripping my knives into the palm of my hand. "I'm not letting you do it," I said. I felt my eyes begin to water, and tears began to cascade down my cheek. "So please just put the gun down." I pleaded.