[06]

melody

+

After settling into our extremely small motel room, i went out to buy a snack, considering I haven't eaten anything since we left Beacon Hills almost six hours ago.

By the time I got to the vending machine, there was a line of people already waiting to get something to eat. Boyd and Stiles stood in front of me.

"Hey, Mel," Stiles called.

I forces a smile and looked up at him, "Hey Stiles," I looked at Boyd and smiled weakly, 'Boyd,"I waved, "You know, i think I'll come back another time. I'm not really hungry anymore."

Stiles gave me a questioning look, "No it's fine, i think i have another dollar in my pocket somewhere," He said. He began digging through his pockets.

I sighed.

We waited patiently until Boyd finished getting his snacks, so we could get ours, but the crackers got stuck on the coils. "Hey, you know what? I've got a method with these things," Stiles told Boyd. He stuck his hands around the machine, and began to rock it back and forth, but before Stiles could even tilt it, Boyd had already broke the glass with his fist.

Stiles looked at me, and I looked the other way. When Boyd left, Stiles looked around and reached to grab the snacked. He passed me a bag of crackers, and some gummy fruit snacks.

*

Stiles walked me to my room, even though I told him i'd be fine alone. When we were outside my door, Stiles stopping in his tracks. I looked at him confused, "What?" I asked.

"Nothings, I was just thinking about how we haven't really had the chance to have a conversation since you got back, and you've been here for a while now," he said.

"Yeah, I know. We've been pretty busy figuring out how's killing innocent people."

"Right," Stiles chuckled, "Well, I'll leave now. Enjoy the fruit snacks, and the crackers. They were free. Boyd punched the vending machine. You were there."

I smiled, "Stiles, stop being weird."

I turned around and faced the door, my hand on the doorknob. When i opened the door, Allison and Lydia stared at Stiles and I, fear was written all over their faces.

"What?"

+

"The last time I saw Scott act like that was during the full moon," Allison said. She was pacing around our motel room. You could tell she was anxious.

Stiles put his hand under his chin and looked up, "Yeah I know, he was definitely off with me too, but actually it was Boyd who was really off. Mel and I watched him put his fist through the vending machine," Stiles added.

Lydia's eyes went wide as she looked at us. "See it is the motel! Either we need to get out of here right now or someone needs to learn how to do an exorcism A.S.A.P. before the werewolves go crazy and kill us."

"Okay, just hold on. I don't think it's just the motel. Lydia you said the number on the sign went up by three when you went to the lobby?" I asked.

Allison turned to me, "You mean like three sacrifices?"

"What if this time, it's three werewolves?" Stiles wondered.

"Will our lives ever be normal? Don't answer that. I already know the answer," I said, "Wait we need to keep our eyes on Scott, Isaac and Boyd!" Something was definitely off about this place, and I was beginning to feel lightheaded thinking about it.