Chapter twenty five

Me: HELLO! And welcome back to-
Everyone: Nalu: That Damn Cat!
Mira: R.I.P Happy.
Lucy: aye....
Happy: I'm right here!
Natsu: I'm still angry at you.
Me: heheh....let's start

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Play the media whenever you want

Lucy p.o.v

Over the next few days, a large statue had been built in Happy's honour outside of the guild. At the foot of it was inscribed 'AYE SIR!'. Natsu and I, however, had built a small grave by the lake where we had spent so much time fishing.

I place the boots that Happy and I had fished days earlier on the grave and Natsu places what remains of Happy's bag. The brooch Happy got years ago was divided into two and given to me and Natsu, we wear them on our clothes. It's kinda like he's always with us. Natsu kneels down at the grave and sobs. I kneel down and put my arms around him, letting tears fall.
"I miss him Luce..." he sobs.
"I miss him too..." I say and nuzzle my face into his back.

The next day, Happy's funeral was officially held. It was by the lake and almost everyone of anyone attended. I hold onto Natsu's arm as Makarov lights a pyre and blue flames appear.
"Just a few days ago we lost a precious member of our family." He starts, tears forming in his eyes. "Happy. He died protecting his friends and family from a threat that we thought was gone." I hold Natsu's arm tighter as tears fall down, remembering the terrible moment when we couldn't find him. "His name suited him, no matter what, he could always lift people's spirits. It was impossible not to smile around him. He will be dearly missed by everyone. Happy, wherever you are, we hope you're happy, and one day, we'll see you again. But until that day comes, let's remember him fondly and honour his sacrifice. For without it, many more could've been hurt. Does anyone want to say any words?" I look up at Natsu, who's face is tear-stained, expecting him to, but he doesn't move. I guess it's still too hard for him.

We walk home. It's started raining heavily but we don't care. We arrive and change our clothes into something warmer.
"I don't want to admit he's gone Luce..." Natsu says as he sits down on the bed.
"I know..." I say and sit next to him.
"He was always there for me..." he says, a tear coming to his eye. "And I couldn't save him." I wrap my arms around him and hug tightly.
"I couldn't save him either Natsu... it's not your fault..." I try to comfort him. "There was no other way..."
"I know that...." he says, holding onto my arm. "I just miss him..."
"I miss him too...." I say.

There's a loud crash and we dash into the other room. There is a white and blue egg, one much like Happy's from what Natsu had described it to me as.
"Is that an exceed egg?" I ask.
"I don't know." Natsu responds. "Let's get it somewhere warm." We lift it into the bedroom and wrap blankets around it. Eventually it starts cracking and a small exceed starts crawling out.

 Eventually it starts cracking and a small exceed starts crawling out

(Me: originally Happy, I just edited it so he had different colours)

"It's so cute!" I saw squealing.
"H-Hello?" The exceed says.
"Hello there." I say happily.
"M-My name is Cheerful!" She says, seeming to be more comfortable.
"I'm Lucy, and he's Natsu." I reply. Natsu had been staring at Cheerful with no expression.
"Hi!" She says.

We'd soon adopted Cheerful as our new exceed and raised her as Natsu and Lisanna did with Happy. But she never filled the space he left behind...

Nine months later
(Just pretend Natsu found out about the pregnancy during this time because if I wrote it, it would ruin the mood of what I'm going to write. Also the media doesn't fit here as a warning but keep playing it if you want. I can't stop you)

"Lucy! Push!" Levy yells.
"YOU TRY PUSHING THIS DAMN BABY OUTTA ME!" I scream angrily.
"Calm down Lucy, breathe." Lisanna soothes.
"WHAT DO YOU THINK I'M DOING!? FLYING!?" I yell. "AAAARG!"
"Once more Lucy." Wendy says. "3. 2. 1-"
"AAAAAARG!" I yell. My screams are cut short when I hear a small cry.
"Here she is." Erza says, a tear in her eye. Wendy passes me my daughter while Mira lets Natsu and Cheerful in.
"Is she ok!? I heard screams!" He quickly half yells.
"AYE MA'AM!" Cheerful cheers. Natsu hears the small cry of our daughter and walks over to me. He looks at me, a tear of happiness in his eyes.
"Let's go ladies!" Erza says as she ushers everyone out.
"But Naluuuuuuuuu!" Mira complains as her sister drags her out.

Natsu bends down and kisses my forehead.
"I'm proud of you Luce." He says. "She's beautiful..."
"Aye!" Cheerful cheers in agreement.
"What are we going to call her?" Natsu asks as he kneels down beside me and takes our daughter.
"I was thinking...." I start.

"Nashi Happy Dragneel." I finish. A tear rolls down Natsu's cheek.
"It's perfect." He says and kisses Nashi's head. "Hey little Nashi. You're going to be strong like your father, beautiful like your mum, and happy like your brother."
"I'm sure he'd be proud." Cheerful says. We'd told her about Happy a few days after we'd adopted her. A gentle breeze passes through the room as if Happy was agreeing. Nashi opens her eyes and I see that they are a blue like Happy's fur, genetically impossible and yet.... "he's still with you Natsu and Lucy. He always will be."
"That damn cat." I whisper while smiling.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me: our journey has come to an end.
Mira: WHAT!? I DID NOT HEAR ABOUT THIS! WHEN WERE YOU PLANNING THIS!?
Me: 1. I don't know what else to do and 2. I HAVE 68 NALU DRAFTS, MORE ON THE WAY, AND WOULD LIKE TO GET THEM FINISHED WITHIN MY LIFETIME!
Mira: *hearts in eyes* so much Nalu!
Happy: AYE SIR!
Me: the next story I write will be called 'sisters in dresses'. I know it's not one of the options from alone but not forgotten but I really really really REALLY want to write it!
Erza: GO FOR IT GURL!
Lucy: *forgot Ezra was here and is now nagging on the ceiling due to being scared*
Natsu: is this what girls usually do?
Happy: I think so.
Me: anyway, everyone say bye!
Everyone: byieeee!