Story 4: Jasper, part 2

Here's the second part of Jasper!

Jonathan's P.O.V

"I can't believe you did that!" I said trying my best not to let myself be heard by by the others.

They wouldn't understand what's going on with me. I mean, I'm a successful store owner. What would they think if they caught me talking to myself? Talking to him?

"It's because of you that I feel the way I do! It's because of you that I feel sick as a dog!" I said looking into the mirror at myself. At him.

"Why aren't you answer me?" I asked looking in the mirror. My head was throbbing hard making my head feel as if it had been struck by an earthquake.

It's because you're angry, he said from the depths of my mind.

"And I'm even more angry that you weren't answering me," I said raising my voice. I looked behind me at the door. "What were you thinking going and robbing my store in my body?" I asked hoping he was still listening.

Well, I wasn't really thinking that much to be honest, he said, his voice echoing through my head.

"Really now?" I said staring at the shame that covered the face that the both if us shared. "Can you tell me why you left a note with your name on it?"

I don't know why I did it! He whined. I guess what just feeling lonely lately since we haven't been talking much.

"So, you robbed my bar and tattoo parlor?" I asked yelling louder than the last time.

I was only wanting some attention from my other personality, he said sounding like a little child. I'm sorry.

"Is that all you can say, that your-"

"Johnathan, are you okay?" A voice asked from behind me, interrupting my conversation with Jasper.

*****
Dallas's P.O.V

I made my way out of the living room listening to the others as they continued to talk. I raise my beer bottle to my lips as I walked down the hall towards the bathroom.

"So, you robbed my bar and tattoo parlor?" I heard Johnathan yell from behind the door.

I stopped where I was and just stared at the bathroom door. Who was he talking to?

I reached for the door knob and turned it. I pushed the door open and stepped forward to see if Johnathan was alright.

I looked at him, his back to me, but I could still see his face in the mirror. From the look in the mirror, he wasn't talking on the phone.

"Is that all you can say, that your-"

"Johnathan, are you okay?" I asked interrupting him in the middle of his sentence.

He turned to look at me, a look of puzzlement flooded his face like words on paper.

"How long have you been standing there?" He asked, his face was as pale as a ghost.

"Not long, I just opened the door," I said as we stared at one another. "Who were you talking to?"

"No one, I was talking to no one, "he hesitated looking paler than before.

"Johnathan, are you okay? Do you want to have a seat? Do you want me to get you some water or something?"

"Uh, actually I feel fine, Dallas," he said leaning back against the sink. "I'm feeling great."

"Are you sure?" I asked with concern. "You were in here yelling at yourself in the mirror."

"Yeah, I was just trying to release a little anger," Johnathan said trying to avoid eye contact. "I'm fine honestly, Dallas. I think we should just move on and go back into the living room with the others."

He started towards the door, still avoiding eye contact. He walked past me into the hallway. I sighed and turned to walk out the door behind him. He wasn't being completely honest with me.

Halfway down the hall I stopped him. He looked at me.

"We're good friends, right?" I asked finally looking him eye to eye.

"Better than good," he muttered not blinking once.

"Then tell me what's going on with you. I've never known you to talk to yourself," I said lowering my voice so the others couldn't hear our conversation.

"Well, I guess you don't know me after all," he said turning and continuing into the living room.

"Johnathan!" I yelled following close behind him. We entered the living room where the others were talking. "Johnathan! Talk to me!"

"Look, Dallas! There's nothing to talk about! I have nothing to tell you!" He yelled turning to face me. Everyone else was silent as we stared at each other.

"How about you tell me why you're lying to me? We've been friends since I moved here from Russia when we were kids! I tell you everything that happens to me! Why can't you?" I yelled

"Because it's hard to tell those around you that you have Dissociative Identity Disorder!" He yelled back at me.

The room was silent as no one spoke. I stared at him, not noticing that Jade had gotten up and walked over to where I stood.

Johnathan looked down at the floor. "You have no idea what it's like to have two minds of thinking! Two voices to speak with!" He said choking on his words. "I have to live my life with two different people in one shell! I'm never going to have the chance to be alone, I always have another person there for the ride."

"Johnathan," Jade said softly.

"No!" He yelled making Jade grab on to my arm. "You guys wanted to know if I was okay, Well, I'm not!" His eyes began to gloss over as tears began to surface.

"I never asked for another personality! I never asked for Jasper to be invading my life!" He inhaled sharply as if saying this hurt him. "I never asked for him to rob my bar because I was trying to pretend he doesn't exist!"

We were silent. Telling us about his disorder seemed to be painful. It was understandable, after holding it back for so long and not telling anyone, then suddenly it's all out and everyone knows.

"Now, go ahead, Dallas! Call me a freak for talking to myself! Tell I don't belong here because I different then you guys! Make fun of me for my disorder!" Johnathan laughed. "I'm use to it by now!"

The room was quiet. The silence going on over a matter of seconds to a minute.

At last, I spoke. "Why would I do that?" I asked looking in the eyes. I stepped forward, peeping into his shocked face. "If you're a freak for having a disorder, then so am I. If you don't belong here, then I don't either. If you're to be made fun of, then I should too. Johnathan you're not the only one here with a disorder. I have depression. Jade has Dyslexia." I paused. "And I'm pretty sure Keegan and Michael are just stupid."

Johnathan smiled after I said that.

"Thank you," The twins said making him laugh.

"Don't worry, Johnathan you're always going to have us to be there for you," Jade said resting her head on my arm as she smiled.

"Thanks, guys," he said wiping his eyes. "Thant means the world to me."

"Yeah, and to celebrate we should go out drinking," Keegan said with a smirk.

"I think I've drank enough," Johnathan laughed making the rest of us laugh, except Jade.

"I don't get it," she said looking up at me.

I shook my head. "It's fine, Love." I said then pressing a kiss to the top of her head.