Chapter Three

Angelica's POV

"Why are you asking us the color of King and Queen Black's precious gem? What's in it to you?"

I stared at Seungcheol straight in the eye with an emotionless face.

I've found them. Now I can start plotting my revenge.

I broke the eye contact with him and took in a deep breath.

"My name is Angelica White."

"We know that, why are you-"

Seungcheol didn't get to finish before I interrupted.

"Daughter of King and Queen Black."

Seungcheol shut his mouth and everyone else in the room stared at me in shock.

"Y-you're Jason and Angel's daughter?"

I turned towards the guy with 10:10 pointing eyes and nodded grimly.

"That's impossible! Everyone from the Vampire Angel Community is presumed dead two years ago. There were no survivors, we searched everywhere."

"I guess you didn't search harder."

I looked at the Woozi with squared eyes who immediately stopped talking.

"How do we believe you?"

I turned back towards Seungcheol and took out the necklace that my mom gave me from under my shirt.

There, I attached my ring on it, in case someone would steal or see it.

Everyone in the Vampire Community must have a gem with the same color of the King and Queen's precious gem. It gives them a sense of belonging into the group.

Their gems can be in all sorts of pink, but not magenta since it's the King and Queen's color.

The only one allowed to bear their gem color as magenta, other than the King and Queen is their children, which would be me.

I took off my necklace and unattached the ring from it and wore it back around my neck.

I took the ring, and turned the gem towards the 13 guys who were watching me suspiciously.

"This is my ring, made to hold the gem of the Vampire Angel Community. The color of my gem is magenta. The only other person allowed to have the color gem the same as the King and Queen is their children. Now do you believe me?"

All of them had shocked faces plastered on them and I took the ring back and slip it onto my middle finger.

"It can't be." Joshua whispered.

"So you're the only survivor from the Vampire Angel Community?"

I nodded firmly towards Wonwoo and turned my direction back to Seungcheol who was still deep in thoughts.

"But it still doesn't explain why you would ask us that question. You could just straight out tell us that you're their daughter."

Seungcheol seems to still be deep in thought when he said that.

"I had to check if you're the people I should trust first. There are many vampires and other beings out there who wants me killed. I can't just trust anyone."

"Then what makes you trust us?"

"Your correct answer."

He was soon broken out of his thoughts and now he was daringly facing me.

"What do you mean?"

I sighed and leaned back onto the couch and crossed my right leg over my left leg, and folded my arms above my stomach.

"For two years, I've been searching for the 13 princes whom my mother told me would be able to help me. She told me that if I ever wanted to know if they'll be the correct person, just ask them the color of their precious gem.

She told me only the 13 of you know what color it is, outside of the Vampire Angel Community. I've search through many communities far and wide and none of them gave me the correct answer until today."

"What kind of help do you need?"

I looked up straight into the person who asked that, and it was Mingyu.

I leaned forward from the couch and stared right at him.

"Tell me Mingyu, what did you hear about what happened to my community two years ago?"

He seemed to be sweating when I stared at him right in the eyes.

"I heard that the community burned down by a fire that was started by accident. A fight broke out between the members of the community and a fire was lighted up later on, which took the whole community."

"And where did you hear that?"

"The werewolves told us."

I then broke the eye contact and leaned back once again. This time, I stared into each and every one of their eyes.

"Well, it's not true."

"W-what?"

Mingyu stuttered and I looked back at him.

"Two years ago, our community was attacked by the werewolves who told you that false story, along with our enemies, the demons."

I saw all 13 of them bared their fangs out at the mention of the demons and made a hissing sound.

"They killed every member of my community and I was the only one who survived. My mother, the Queen, sacrificed her life to save me. She told me that the only way for me to stay safe is to ask for help from the 13 princes. But she did not tell me who they were."

I looked away from all of them when I felt tears brimming my eyes.

"I ran as far as I could from my own community, from my home. I turned back for the last time to see that all of them had burnt in fire, and my family was gone."

The tears fell down my cheeks and I took in a large breath to finish my story.

"I never gave up for two years, hoping to find the 13 princes. I was hunted down, ambushed, but I was lucky enough to get away. Although, my luck was running out last night. They ambushed me again when I was sleeping on the cellar of a home in the Vampire Community. I was tired, hungry, I haven't eaten for days."

I closed my eyes, remembering the past tragedy I had faced.

"But I couldn't give up then so I jumped off the window which made my legs twisted a bit. But I untwisted them back and tried to run, even though it hurts. I ran and ran until I bumped into Jeonghan and I couldn't run anymore. So I did the only thing I could have done, asked for help to a complete stranger, hoping that he would help me."

I let out a shaky breath while tears continued to fall down my face. I opened my eyes once again to see that all of them look sympathetic.

I felt a gust of wind and now, the chinese guy named Jun was kneeling in front of me, wiping my face with a handkerchief.

"Don't cry, you're safe here with us now. We'll help you."

He gave me a reassuring smile and I gave him a small one back. He stood up and went back to his seat.

"So Angelica, what do you need help with?"

The youngest one asked me and this time I took in a deep breath and looked at them with a determined face.

"Revenge....."

All of them looked confused and they looked at each other probably thinking if they heard right.

"..... to the species who killed my family and my people. I need your help to avenge the lives that were lost. Are you with me?"

I looked at each one of them square in the eyes, and lastly to the leader.

We had a staring battle for a minute until he spoke up.

"We're with you Angelica."

I smirked and he smirked back in return.

Revenge is starting.