Step One: Get Inspired

Lin could never admit when he was bordering on creepy. There had been plenty of times when he'd scroll down, say, someone's Twitter profile and just get lost. Next thing you know, he could tell you the name of their prom date and what color they wore to it. He figured everyone does that once in awhile. Not on purpose, of course.

Well, this instance was on purpose.

He had a melody ringing in his head for about two weeks leading up to that day. No matter how he tried, he couldn't shake it. It started off loud, staccato, obviously anticipating a big entrance. Then he heard the simple ringing of single piano notes with a steady beat. Snaps, maybe.

He knew that feeling. He hadn't felt it since Bring It On. Hell, since In The Heights! Something was brewing in his mind, a new piece of work. But he couldn't quite figure out what it was meant to be about. He was at the library when the melody struck again in his head.

This time, at the end of the loud start, he saw you.

Lin never believed in love at first sight. Too corny, he would say. But damn, if you didn't make him second guess himself. There was something about you, about your demeanor. You were effortlessly enchanting, breathtakingly beautiful.

He had to talk to you. But, of course, he'd first have to work up the courage.

So, he sort of followed you at a distance in the library. He just wanted to be sure that you didn't leave before he got the balls to speak. He could not throw away this opportunity. This shot.

Note to self, he thought, great lyric idea.

"Are you planning on kidnapping me? 'Cause you look way too kind to be a criminal."

Lin turned his head from the book he was intently staring at (about cannabis cultivation, of all things) to look at you. He was caught speechless and crossed your arms, giggling.

"You talkin' to me?" He asked.

"Considering you're the only person in this section other than me." She grinned. "And every time I turn around, you're looking at a book that I'm pretty sure you have no interest in."

"That's debatable." He let out a breath that sort of sounded like a laugh. At least that's what he intended to do.

"Two sections ago, you were looking at a statistics textbook."

"I took AP Statistics in high school. And got a C."

When you laughed, he finally felt himself relax. Your smile seemed to contain all he ever wanted, as cheesy as that sounds. "So, is there something that you wanted?" You asked.

"I just, I wanted to, um," He sighed with a small smile as you began to chuckle again. "I'm looking for a new book to read. I was just wondering what you'd recommend." He ended in a questioning tone, asking for your name.

"Y/N."

"Y/N. Nice name."

You looked down and did your best to hide you blush. He didn't mind, he thought it was cute. "Actually, you're gonna think I'm a dork, but I'm a total history nerd." You motioned for him to follow you as you spoke.

Lin stuck his hands in his pockets as he strode by your side, "I would never. Scouts honor."

As you arrive at the US history section, you began searching for a particular book. "There's something about humanizing these historical figures that we think of as legends, ya know? It reminds me that hey, they may have done great things, but they were human. They made mistakes." You finally pulled out the book, brushing imaginary dust off the cover. "Is that crazy?"