Becoming Iron Man

A/N

Hey guys! So in this chapter, Y/N explains to teams RWBY, JNPR and CFVY, how he became the 'Iron Man'. Remember to vote for your favourite girl and see who gets Y/N for the rest of the story. Couples were listed in the other chapters of the story. Enjoy! 

Y/N's POV

After my fight with Weiss, I had November repair the Heartbreaker armor just enough so I could put away Nightclub. After all, my suit doesn't run on AA batteries. I have to put the suit in a charging station I transferred to my dorm. After all my suits were fixed and tuned up, I went down to the library where I saw RWBY, JNPR and CFVY all hanging out, talking. I decided to walk up and join in on their conversation, and when I got there, Ruby welcomed me.

Ruby: Hey Y/N! What're you up to?

Y/N: Nothing, just thought I'd stop by.

???: Hey! Aren't you Weiss's cousin?

Y/N: I am. And who are you?

Jaune: I'm Jaune, leader of team JNPR! But I'm still not a great fighter.

Y/N: Nice to meet you, Jaune. Who's everyone else?

Pyrrha: I'm Pyrrha. It's nice to meet you.

Nora: I'm Nora!

Ren: I'm Ren.

Coco: Name's Coco, Coco Adel. I'm the leader of team CFVY.

Fox: I'm Fox!

Yatsuhashi: My name is Yatsuhashi.

Velvet: And I'm Velvet! 

Y/N: Nice to meet you all. I'm Y/N Schnee.

Ruby: Hey! Where's your armor?

Y/N: Back in my dorm.

Coco: What kind of armor?

Y/N: You wanna see?

Velvet: Yeah! 

Y/N: Alright. November, bring me Heartbreaker.

Pyrrha: November?

Y/N: My AI. She's linked up to the suits so I can get them when I'm not at school.

Nora: That's so cool! Can I try the suit on? Can I, can I!?

Y/N: Sorry, but their only linked to me.

Nora: What's that mean?

Y/N: It means, unless you want to be trapped in a cold metal shell, you should stay out of the suit.

As Nora gave me a freaked out look, the suit came flying into the library. As it landed, everyone except for Weiss looked in awe as the suit opened up and I stepped inside. Once my HUD came up, I looked at the others before hovering above the ground and showcasing all of my weapons, like the small missile on my forearm and the missiles in my shoulders along with my anti-air guns.

Y/N: So... Anyone wanna come with me for a flight?

Velvet: OH OH, ME!

Y/N: Ok, hang on tight!

I grabbed Velvet and took off through the big open window on the ceiling. As we shot out into the sky, I could tell she was thrilled. She screamed in delight as I went faster for a moment before slowing down to a more steady pace. I decided to take her past the fair, flying through the Ferris wheel and just over the water. 

At one point, I stopped thousands of feet in the air and plummeted down to the street. Velvet started getting worried and then tried banging on my helmet to see if I was still there. Just before we hit the ground, I fired up all my repulsors and shot up away from the street dodging cars. Velvet squealed in excitement as I took off back towards Beacon. (Pretty much this clip \/)

As I touched down in the library, Velvet let go of me and smiled, laughing. 

Velvet: That was awesome!

I smiled a bit under the helmet and decided to get out of the suit. When I did, November took it back to the dorm. Much to Ruby's dismay.

Blake: So, Y/N. How did you become, The Iron Man?

Y/N: Well, it was actually because of an accident that landed me in Menagerie.

Blake: Menagerie?

Y/N: Yeah. A job assigned to me by my father a year ago. I was to go there and oversee the transport of several Atlas military weapons. 

Fox: Did something happen?

Y/N: We were attacked, by the White Fang. They were using the same weapons that I was transporting to take all of our cargo. When I was forced out onto the battlefield, I was hit with the blast of a dust infused missile. When I came to I was in a cave, a car battery hooked up to my heart.

Weiss: Your heart?!

Y/N: Yeah. It was powering an electromagnet in my chest keeping the shrapnel from reaching my heart, thus killing me. The White Fang had captured me and Ghira, a man from the village.

Blake: Ghira!? That's my father! Is he ok?

Y/N: He's ok, for the most part. He took quite a beating busting me out, but he pulled through. Just barely though.

Blake sighed in relief. I continued my story, telling them about how they wanted me to make a dust infused missile system with high tech lock-on capabilities. Then I told them how I made the ark reactor in my chest and them created the iron man suit with the parts of the weapon and used dust to power it.

Yang: So how did you get out?

Y/N: I had an emergency flight system to get me out if things went south. After I torched the camp, I grabbed Ghira and took of as the camp exploded. After we crashed, we walked for an hour or so before Ironwood's ships showed up and got us out of there. Ghira went home and I improved on my armor.

Pyrrha: So you made that armor from before and the other one with the stealth mode?

Y/N: No, I made another 15 or so. I left them at home though.

Their jaws dropped when I told them I had 15 versions of the suit not including the ones I had here. Before Ruby could go crazy asking questions, something blew up outside. We rushed to check it and saw Roman Torchwic and a small girl I saw at the camp one year ago. I called my armor and the others got their own weapons and armor. We all rushed outside and prepared for battle.

A/N

Hey! Thanks for reading! This one was a slightly different take on the Iron Man origin story, but I think it's nice. Also, I don't think Velvet was an option for couples before, so now she is! Go nuts and vote for your girl of choice. Next Chapter is the fight with Roman and Neo, as well as a new armor. Mark 18 A.K.A Casanova, is pretty much Y/N blending Nightclub and Heartbreaker to make a combat and stealth suit. Signing off!

-Iain