Part 4

[FINALLY! Enjoy <3]

Justin arrived at Wes' door five minutes early. He was nervous, first date jitters in a way, but mostly because he knew today was important. Justin hoped what he had planned was perfect for tonight.

He took a deep calming breath and knocked on the door. Not even a second after he finished, Justin heard a loud squealing and what sounded like a tiny elephant running inside. A moment later the door opened to reveal a sexy looking Wes' with a shy smile, and a bouncing Mary Anne just behind him.

“Sorry.” Wes said quietly, “Would you like to come in for a minute?”

Justin nodded and entered when Wes moved to the side. He could tell Mary Anne was ready to burst, so he leaned down to her.

“Why hello miss, how are you this evening?” Her look quickly turned shy as she dropped her gaze, only glancing up at him through her lashes.

“Good.” She said quietly.

Justin pulled the hand from behind his back, presenting her with a little white flower. “This is for you, are you ready for our date tonight?”

Her eyes grew large, and a squeal started to work its way out once more. She jumped up and down and then into his arms for a quick hug before she snatched the flower and ran to Wes.

“Unky LOOK!” the little girl thrust the flower towards her Uncle presenting it even though Wes had been watching the whole time. “Dustin got me a fwower!” She brought it to her tiny nose and inhaled like it was her last breath of fresh air.

“I see sweetie! Wasn't that nice of him, lets go put it in some water and the put it in your room?”

Justin watched them walk into what looked like the kitchen with a small smile on his face. This was going to be fun it seemed.

"Dustin, where are we going on our date!?" Mary Anne asked excitedly as soon as they started driving.

"It's a surprise so you'll have to wait and see." Justin smiled back at her. To Wes' awe, she did. He had never seen his niece wait so patiently. She talked and gave guesses but she was on her best behavior and never fussed.

---

Wes knew Justin had chosen well the minute Mary Anne saw the ferris wheel. She gave a squeal of delight as she recognized what it was.

"It's just like on tbee, Unky!" She was already bouncing, excite to experience what she had only ever seen cartoon character’s do. Wes had yet to have a chance to bring her, hoping to at some point because of all the fun memories he had from childhood spent at a Fair.

Wes turned to Justin as he parked the car and gave him his best smile, and a wink. “Good choice, we better watch it though or she might bounce into outer space, let alone if she gets to try and cotton c-a-n-d-y.”

They both laughed joyously as Wes pulled Mary Anne from the car, grasping her hand firmly before she could take off.

They spent many hours at the Fair, Wes and Justin each taking turns with Mary Anne on the two person rides. She seemed to be very fond of Justin already. He did not even need to bribe her with delicious pink cotton candy, but she gladly took the offer anyway. They ate corn dogs and Wes got Justin to try funnel cake. Wes still couldn't believe he never had it before, but part of him wondered if it was just an excuse to get Wes to feed him some off of his plate. Wes did not mind either way.

They took one last trip around the Ferris wheel, Mary Anne snuggled up right in between them, Justin's arm slung across the back to rest gently on Wes' shoulder. He could not help the feel that came over him at that moment. Wes felt complete, a unit, a family. It seemed silly, knowing it was only their 'first date,' but the feeling was still there.

By then end of the night, Wes had three stuffed animals, one from each of them for his sweetie and one for Wes himself, from Justin. Mary Anne started to slow and wine a bit, singling a tired little girl. Wes looked to his full hands, about to ask Justin if he would mind holding them, when Mary Anne turned to Justin with he arms up. Justin reach down with ease and swung the little one up into his arms. Her head rested on his shoulder, and her eye slowly closed as she feel asleep.

The sight before him made his heart melt. The man of his dreams and his baby. He did feel a small kernel of jealous at the two. His baby no longer need only him, and he had to admit, shamefully, that he wished he could be in her place. Shaking it off, he knew it was a beautiful site. In his mind, his biggest fear had been relieved.

Justin looked to him with a small smile and held out his hand to the other man. Wes took it gladly and they walked to the car as one.

---

Justin carried the sleeping child as Wes lead the way to her room. He set the sleeping beauty down gently, only earning a slight grumble as she was moved. He couldn't help but smile slightly at her cuteness.

As they walked out of the room, closing the door softly, Wes turned to Justin. “Would you like to stay for a drink or something?”

“Sure.” Justin wasn't going to turn down alone time with this man.

Wes poured two glasses of wine and they settled down onto the sofa. Wes angled his body slightly, causing his knee to graze Justin's thigh tauntingly.

After a while of just idol chatting, Justin cleared his throat, “So I do have a confession to make.”

“Do you now?” Wes looked to Justin, confused. This was straying a little from there previous conversation on gardens. What does he not like flowers?

“Yes, about kids.”

'Oh no,' Wes thought, 'he hates them, this is the sorry but a rug-rat isn't in my plans for the future talk.' The one he had been hoping to avoid years ago.

Wes' gulped a little, “And?”

“Well I don't want you to think I am basing my decisions on this, but I have always wanted them. Ever since I was a child myself, then when I found out I was gay, I thought I'd never be a father. Adoption was always possible yeah, but I just got it into my head it would never happen for me.”

“You-you like them?” Wes couldn't believe his ears. If this was true then...

Justin nodded as if he knew Wes' thought process.

“I just want you to know that about me, and I also want you to know, that even with our past, I am still willing to make this work, make us work. If you are that is.”

Wes hesitantly shook his head yes, “But what if we are too different now?”

Instead of answering, Justin kissed Wes softly at first, almost testing. When Wes let out a breathy moan, he increased the pressure. Nipping lightly at the other man's lip, Justin deepened the kiss, tongue sliding into the warm cavern. Justin groaned, reveling in the feel of Wes. He could spend eternity like this, with these lips on his.

Justin laid down gently pulling Wes on top of him. Done in heat of the moment, Justin quickly changed his mind as desire shot through him. Now was not the time or place for this. Soon, very soon, Justin hopped they could continue, but right now they were too new, still getting used to the idea of 'them.' not to mention the sleeping child only a closed door away.

He pulled Wes head away, kissing his lips softly one last time. Wes sighed and opened his eye to gaze down at the man he thought he would never get another chance with.

“I take it you are not worried about any changes that may have happened in our time apart?” Wes ask, resting his head on Justin's chest as their breathing eased, and returned to normal.

“I'll take it all, every change, baggage included.” Justin smile softly, kissing Wes forehead lightly as they snuggled into the couch.

THE END

[Well that is it folks, the end to my short story, I hope you all liked it.  it isnt as detailed and amazing as I wanted, but I struggled for weeks with getting anything written down.  so the fact i was able to upload is relief to me.  I decided on riley from twilght: eclipse movie, Xavier Samuel, good? Hope you liked it and let me know your thoughts! Love hearing them :) May<3]