Chapter Five : Working

Taemin opened his eyes, he slowly sat up. His back ached from the hard metal. He looked around the room confused, when had he gone to sleep? He shrugged it off and got up, for a moment he was dizzy. He walked to the bars and gripped them tightly, his hands shook as he slid to the floor again. 

He only looked up to the sound of footsteps. He followed up the person's legs and landed on his face, it was an officer.

"Get up!" The man said sternly. Taemin, using all of his strength, stood up. He was almost the mans size, just a bit shorter. He looked at him with droopy eyes. "Come with me," He said, walking to the gate. Taemin reluctantly followed, he waited for the gate to swing open before stepping out. He didn't dare run, even if he wanted to he couldn't. All his energy was gone anyway.. 

The man lead Taemin to some sort of room, he went in a cupboard and came back with some orange all-in-ones. He frowned at Taemin when passing them to him. Taemin grabbed them and looked at them confused. He barely had enough time to ask why before he was shoved into the room. It was lit by a dim yellow light. 

Taemin's eyes scanned the room, there were cleaning items and bottles of unknown substances. He was stopped by a loud bang.

"Hurry and change!" The voice bellowed. Taemin did just that. He stripped off his clothes, revealing his pale shaking body. Thankfully no one could see him. He slipped into the orange all-iin-ones and pushed the door open. The man smiled before grabbing his arm and leading him towards big yellow doors. All Taemin could do was allow himself to be taken wherever, he had no idea, and no intention of finding out. All he knew is that they were getting closer.

The man opened the door, the gloomy ouside world seeped in. Taemin needn't shield his eyes as the sky was as gloomy as his stomach. He just looked around to see a field of orange. 

"Wher--" Taemin started but he gripped tightly to his stomach as it growled. The pain was horrible. Taemin's face turned a shade of red, and not from embarrassment, he was in pain. He held his stomach tighter as he crouched over. The officer pushed Taemin towards the pile of mud, he was asked to shovel it into the big container behind him. He nodded. 

His small fingers wrapped around the shovels handle. He squeezed his eyes tightly shut and used all of what energy was left in him to raise the small pile of mud, he let out a moan as he flung it into the big container. He dropped the shovel to the ground and it dug into the earth beneath him, he was already out of breath and his stomach screamed for food. He looked around, other people were doing all sorts of jobs, their faces were droopy and gloomy. 

Taemin's stomach growled and he rememebered the chocolate bar he had, he reached in his back pocket. He pulled it out smiling, it was slightly meled but what difference did that make? He stuffed it into his mouth and chewed quickly, as he swallowed he held a broad smile. He went to take another bite but a hand hit the bar into a pile of dung. He looked at it frowning then at whoever the hand belonged to. 

The man stood frowning at him.

"If we don't get food neither do you!" He growled, he was another prisoner. He was much more bulkier and stronger than Taemin. Taemin said nothing and the man walked off and continued with his work. Taemin glanced back at the bar in the mud, a silent tear dropped as his stomach screamed in pain for it. 

He decided to carry on with his work and try and ignore the pain.

Where was SHINee? Did they even care he was gone?