Chapter Two : Trial

They shoved him in a room full of people. There was one man on a higher seat than the rest, in his hand was a hammer. Taemin had no idea what was going on as he had never even heard of this place let alone be in it. He looked around wide-eyed as everyone pulled a face at him as if he was just some animal.

"T-That's him! It's him!" A voice called as Taemin was taken to a bench. He looked around and saw a person with a scared expression bouncing on the spot, pointing at him. Taemin blushed at all the attention when everyone turned to him. He shied away by hanging his head down, ashamed. What else could he do.?

What if, they don't believe me.. Taemin wondered, he could already see himself getting old in that cell. Maybe even getting a cellmate that would continuously abuse him. Would anyone care? No. He heard a hammer and the chatter around him died down, but he ignored it. His thoughts overflowed his head. Wait, what about SHINee, Onew, Jonghyun, Key and Minho. Won't they come and look for me? Taemin could only hope for the best as he heard another hammer. He looked up innocently.

"Quiet in the court, please. Quiet!" The judge said as he banged the hammer a few more times, making Taemin flinch each time. "Now, we will let the victim tell us his story." He looked over at who seemed to be the shop keeper of that place he hardly ever goes in.

"Great.." Taemin mumbled, he was shushed by a hard shove to the arm, he winced at the pain that shot through him and looked at the shopkeeper as he explained what happened.

"Well this boy here.." The shopkeeper gave a glare to Taemin. "Thought it would be funny to walk into my shop and collect his things and leave."

"I--" That gained him another shove. He bit his lip letting the shopkeeper carry on. 

"But, when we tried to stop him he retaliated with kicks and punches leaving us in pain whilst he ran off." The shopkeeper showed his bruises.

"Right, now let's hear what the boy has to say." The judge said facing his attention to Taemin.

"It wasn't me I swear!" Taemin cried out. "I'm Taemin from SHINee." A few laughs were heard around the room.

"Taemin? From SHINee." The judge stifled a laugh. "What is this some kind of joke?" He asked raising his arms as he looked around the room. More laughter was heard and Taemin's rejections got quieter as time went on and before long he had shut up completely. 

"Guilty I tell you! Guilty!" The shopkeeper yelled and was now red-faced and angry, waving his fist at Taemin. Taemin had failed.. Now what would happen to him?

Court had ended and since no one took him seriously, here he was back at his cell. He was sat on the bed once again hugging his legs, he cried into them. He didn't care anymore, he just wanted to get out of here. It was horrible, and he's not even meant to be here!

He bit his lip wondering if SHINee were worried, and actually looking for him. He had intentions to find out, but no way of doing that. He shivered, the room had started to get cold, there was one blanket. It barely covered him but even still, he used it. He wasn't about to freeze to death, he would have to use whatever he had. He wanted to go, leave this horrible place but would they believe him? No. 

Slowly his eyelids dropped and there was silence, no noise at all. Gone. Like Taemin's hope. All gone, none at all.