Chapter Four : Hallucinations

Taemin walked back to his bed, he placed the tray of food on the bed and looked at the chocolate in his hands. He smiled, he could not wait to taste the delicious chocolate melting in his mouth. He stared at it a while longer before finally opening it. He broke a small piece off and placed it in his mouth. He didn't bite straight away, he wanted to savour the taste. 

The chocolate started to melt as soon as it hit his tongue, it felt like paradise though. The sweet taste stayed in his mouth until he couldn't wait any longer, he swallowed it. Filling his empty stomach. He knew it wouldn't completely satisfy the hunger he had, but it would help. He slowly ate some more, he decided to save some for later that night too. 

Taemin sat on the bed and sighed, he was bored, cold and slightly hungry. He looked around looking for something else to do. He blew his cheeks up and exhaled slowly. 

Finally, he had an idea, he stood up and walked to the middle of the cell. He smiled and started to sing. 

"Oh I'm curious yeah sajin sok nega, Sungan misojieo wae, Oh I'm so curious yeah, I'm so curious yeah~" Taemin sang his heart out, and as much as it pained him, he danced to it too. Soon he was throwing himself around the room doing every dance he knew, it took his mind off of things. The gloomy dark cell became Taemin's dance room. With every move Taemin forgot he was even in a cell until he slipped over on the chocolate bar wrapper. He started to laugh. It was funny, his contagious laughter belted through the plain corridors. His childish giggles filled the air. He sat on the floor almost in tears from laughing. 

When he opened his eyes he saw lots of people. They had gathered outside his cell and had been watching him the whole time. He slowly got up and bowed his head.

"Mianhae~" He said and sat down. As he did, someone started to clap, he looked up. It was the dinner lady. His frown slowly turned to a smile as more and more people that had gathered started to clap.

"Where didn you learn to dance like that?" Someone called out. Taemin beamed a bright smile.

"I told you.. I'm SHINee's Taemin." A few gasps were let out, Taemin slowly looked at all the faces. Some of the faces started to smile. He got up and started to dance more, so they'd believe him. 

"Noonan nomu yehpuh~ Geu geunyuhreul boneun naneun, michyuh. Ha hajiman ijehn, jichyuh. Replay, replay, replay!" Taemin belted as he did his signature solo dance, claps roared from outside his cell, clapping the famous tune. Finally all Taemin's cares were ignored as he danced. The officer stopped him and ushered him over. 

"I thought I'd recongnised something about you kid." He said opening the keys to the cell, Taemin's heart raced, he was being released from this hell. Taemin ran towards the opening gate. 

He frowned as it seemed to be getting further away the more he stepped. He dropped to his knees confused, he looked around him, everything had become lousy and dark again. And the weird thing was, everyone had gone. 

This cell was slowly turning Taemin insane. He found himself puffing his cheeks out, he then realised it had all just been a daydream. Taemin snapped out of his daze and looked around. No one. Empty. Quiet. I had all just been a trick of his mind. He had made that up. 

"No.." Taemin mumbled, close to tears, as he grabbed onto the bars. He slowly slid down them, the tears all dropped now, they made a small puddle on his legs and slowly dripped to the floor. He rested his head against the bars and cried.