Chapter 13: It was all a Plan

Chapter 13

Zalyina's POV

I was being set up in my bed. Leg in a huge cast with tubes and everything. I went into surgery two days after my accident and I'm going to be bed ridden for a couple of days . They moved me to a different room, one closer to my parents, so they could check on me every once in a while. My mom completely overreacted the situation and hired a care taker to make sure I'm okay at all times. As much as I told her I didn't need to be baby sat she didn't listen and my father sadly agreed with her. I had nothing else to do but watch netflix all day and stuff my face. I think I was having dance withdrawal too. I couldn't be more bored. Just imagine being at the best resort in India and having to stay in bed the whole time. IT SUCKS!

"I really hate my life right now" I muttered to myself.

I herd the card swipe through the door lock and Saff walked in with over a dozen flowers, balloons, chocolates, and my favorite watermelon sourpatch candies all in a basket.

"And he lives" I say referring to his leap of absence.

He set the basket on my night stand and gave me the most apologetic smile ever.

"Now what had happen was..." he started.

"Save it we're no longer friends."

"Right. We're cousins" he said while sprawling out on the bed next to me.

"Where've you been?"

"Business trip."

"What business?"

"That my dear, is classified" he said while kissing my nose.

"Classified?"

"Yes, classified."

"Next time..." I started.

"I'll let you know that I'm leaving" he said finishing my sentence.

I laughed.

"I herd you guys won."

"We sure did" I said while putting a fist up.

"That's great. Next time don't get injured. What'd you guys win?"

"Well, it was a hundred grand and I gave it all to Raymen to help his family" I said slowly.

"Awwww Liyna" he said while squeezing my cheek.

"Shut up" I said while pushing his hand away. "Plus a representative from Juilliard was there."

"I bet she wanted you."

"Too late now" I said while looking at the giant cast on my leg. "You know my dancing career is over right."

"Shut up no it's not."

"Seriously. It is. Even if I do get better it'll be too late, recruiters won't want me."

He put his arm around my shoulder and kissed the side of my face. "Your life's always going to be about dance. Whether you're dancing, watching, judging, or teaching it, you've got nothing to worry about."

"I hope so" I replied.

Saff left like an hour later. He had to finish up some business and I was now left alone with my care taker again. She talked to me for a bit but after awhile I was so bored from watching TV and chatting that I fell into a deep sleep. I smelt something chocolatey and slowly opened my eyes. The room was dim and candles were spread across the room. I rubbed my eyes clearing them from the fuzziness. Raymen was bending over and lighting more candles. I sat up and laughed to myself to the sight of him almost burning his fingers.