Chapter Two

I stared into the flashing lights of the club, wondering why they contrasted so harshly against the outside gloom. I took a deep breath, and stepped indoors.

"Danny! It's Danny!"

Screaming girls surrounded me. With a sigh, I pushed away from them, making my way to our V.I.P area. I bumped into someone, and felt their arm slamming into my stomach, winding me. I straightened myself as they turned around.

"Oh, sorry Danny. I didn't see you there!" It was only my manager. I sensed myself slipping into boredom as he droned on about how 'proud' he was of us. I asked the bar tender for a beer, and pretended to listen as I hastily downed my glass.

"Sorry mate, I'm gonna have to leave you. I gotta go talk to someone about something. It's quite important, in fact." I patted his arm in an attempt to brush him off gently, as he nodded and turned to the bar. I walked off with a sigh, knowing he was going to be in a mood with me for a good month or so.

I pushed my way through the pulsating bodies compacted tightly on the dance floor, feeling claustrophobic. I reached our room and slid in, relief evident on my face. I heard laughter, and turned to see my band giggling at flushed look. I ignored them and walked over to the sofas and sat down, putting my feet up on the table.

I looked around and noticed Ben's absence.

"Hey, where's Bruce?" I asked Sam quietly, as he was the closest to me."

"He said he needed to go to the toilets or something. Go look for him if you need him? It can't be that hard to find him."

"Cheers, mate."

I leapt up and stepped out of the door into the hot room once again, recognising the Bare remix of A Single Moment Of Sincerity blasting from the speakers. I searched for a clock of some kind, thinking it can't be 1 am already. I slipped my mobile out of my pocket, and saw the screen flash up.

'From Ben Bruce: Where are u?? I waited for 5 mins, stood outside the toilets now.'

I looked at the time he sent it; five minutes ago. Fuck. I raced towards the toilets, pulling away from girls as they tried to grab at my clothes.

"No, Danny, wait!"

I heard a familiar voice.. I looked around to see my childhood friend, Charlotte, standing behind me.

"Hey!"

I just stood there, mouth gaping open like a fish. I hadn't seen her for at least 7 years; she'd grown into a beautiful young woman. I saw her laughing at my lack of speech.

"Wow.. Um, hi.." I managed to stutter out.

"Haha, hi Danny. I heard you were in town, and I know how much you love your clubs! I just had to come find you and the boys.. I've missed you all so much!

I felt myself smiling, as I reached over and hugged her, wanting to make up for all the years I didn't have my best friend.

"We missed you too. Not having you with us drove me crazy!"

"Aw, you guys are too cute! We have so much to catch-up on! But, I'm afraid you'll have to excuse me for a moment; I really need to pee!"

I watched as shee turned around and walked off, the curls of her brunette hair caressing her back. I felt a slight pang of longing for her, which I decided immediately was okay. After all, I hadn't seen her for years! I stood trying to take it all in, before my mind moved onto Ben.. Shit! I was meant to meet him!

I continued towards the toilets, before something stopped me in my tracks.

I felt my heart stop. I felt the blood freeze in my veins. I felt dizziness hit me as I stopped breathing. I saw black, and fell to the floor.

What did I see?

Charlotte. On Ben's lips.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Hey guys! Sorry it took me so long to upload, my internet's been down for a while. >< anywho, I'll try get another chapter up soon! That is, if y'all want me to. x3 So yeah, comment if you like:3 ~ Aimee xoxo