Chapter One.

"no." I demanded, glaring at my manager Jessie. Her eyes widened in shock as she shook her head dissapointingly. "I can't believe you just said no!" she practically screeched raising her hands in protest.

"Jessie, im not doing it. Yeah? I'm not going to fake date someone to get my career back to normal, I'm perfectly capable of doing that by myself okay?" I said calmly, rolling my eyes at her stupidity. 

"Of course yeah, your totally capable? thats why your an ex alcoholic from 2 years and you havent sung a single song since.. the accident." she said,the last words in a whisper. I flinched at her unsensitivity.

"I'm fine, what if im not ready? What if im still missing them? What if? You didnt consider THAT did you! All you actually care about is the money going in your pocket every month." I shouted at her, i saw the hurt flash in her eyes as she looked at me sadly.

She arose from her chair and walked over to me, crouching next to my chair and putting her arm around me comfortingly. "Mads I CARE about you! Its my job to make sure your career stays stable, i control your future. But i CHOOSE to care for you, i CHOOSE to be there for you. Because i WANT to! you see? Its not about how much i get payed, its about how i love you like my own child and all im trying to do is be here for you and help you get back on your feet again.." she said, hugging me. I pulled her  closer as i felt a tear slide down my cheek, she was ALWAYS there for me. Since i can remember, since everything that happened she's been the one to look after me. And now im being selfish and denying her help when deep down i know i need it.

"ill do it" I smiled. 

She grinned at me and squealed with excitement, she loves a challenge and for the past 2 years she  has been through alot with me, so i think she was just glad to have something good to set her mind on. 

"AH YES!" she screamed, punching her fists in the air making me giggle. "ill ring up the company now and find out who the lucky man is! Then ill be right with you, i suggest you go shower and get dressed into nicer clothes as they are most likely to want to meet you today! after all you will be living together for the next 12 months" she laughed. 

I froze.

"12 MONTHS?!" i screeched, flapping my hands about like a mad woman.

She nodded "yup, now chop chop" she clapped her hands and waltzed out of the room. 

I wandered into my bedroom and into my en suite, peeling off my pyjamas and stepping into the shower. The hot beads of water pelted my skin, awakening me from my sleepy state. I lathered my hair in my favourite shampoo and then followed my conditioner. Next i washed my body and grabbed a razor from my washbag. I controlled it with a shaky hand so it slowly glide across my leg slowly, removing any stubble of hair on my small tanned leg. 

*buzzz* i heard my phone go off, making me jump. A sharp pain suddenly soared through my leg "ah fuck" i murmered as i looked down and saw the blood trickling down my leg, i had cut myself by accident. I washed the blood away with the shower wincing. 

When i was done i got out and wrapped my small body in a fluffy towel. "MADISON YOU HAVE 20 MINUTES HURRY UP" Jessie's voice floated through from my lounge. Why was she still here? I applied some light makeup and combed my red waves of hair and pulled them into a messy bun, leaving some lose strands down. Finally i pulled on my american flag high waisted shorts and tucked a crisp white shirt into it before clipping on a red bowtie and sliding on my red Dr Martens and some jewellery. "REAAADDYYY" i sang and skipped through to my lounge to see Jessie sitting on the sofa reading a magazine. She grinned at me, eyeing up my outfit. Her eyes locked on my leg. "Maddie, did y-you um.." she stuttered, guestering to my leg. I looked down, confused and then saw the large scratch across my calf. I stood up straight and shook my head violently. "GOD NO! c'mon jessie, thats stupid! no i dont self harm!" i reassured her. she nodded and mimed wiping her brow, i giggled and followed her out of my apartment.