Chapter 13

8/1/17

It has been about two years since I last worked on this story and boy does time fly.

Enjoy.

_____________

Mason's Pov

Sending out a mind link I'm surprised at who shows up. There is still a good amount of supernaturals left that are able to fight. We need all the help we can get. The hunters captured and killed a good amount of us. The ones who are injured even came to show their tribute to our queen.

My Queen. My Mate.

The thought of my mate being in any kind of danger makes my blood boil. I clench my fists trying to calm the anger surging through my veins.

One day, this battle will become a huge part of history. The supernaturals have not engaged in a battle with the hunters in over a century. In fact, we've spent our lives running and hiding from them. The hunters are stronger and more powerful than any normal supernatural being. They've figured out a way to take our supernatural magic and transfer it into themselves so that they can have everlasting lives. Legends have always said whoever is captured by the hunters never sees the light of day again.

Today will be different.

They have my queen but what they don't know is the consequences of killing or trying to take a royal's power will be. Not only war but they will also experience a life of turmoil. The legend of the royal family began over a thousand years ago. A royal family is only found every hundred years maybe more. Most of the time royals do not realize exactly how powerful they truly are because of the process that is needed to be performed in order to acquire their hidden gifts. The only way to trigger the royal blood is through an alphas bite which causes the individual to die and resurrect.

There is one flaw to this process though. A royal can only be bitten by an alpha on the night of a full moon, otherwise they could die or turn into something worse....

A demon. A vampire.

I cringe at the thought of vampires. The blood sucking demons of the earth. I remove the thoughts from my mind in order to focus. That's a story for another time.

Royal families are the reason supernaturals are still alive today. A royal cannot die unless they're killed. History states that the very first royal family are the Adam and Eve in the supernatural world. Their offspring can be all sorts of supernaturals but only one will carry the royal blood of being a shapeshifter. If a hunter or worse a supernatural kills a royal their minds will experience similarities that occur in the Alzheimer's disease.

In 1948, there was a man named Henry Addington. A powerful hunter who dedicated his entire life to killing supernatural creatures. He didn't realize the curse he brought onto himself when he killed a royal.

The woman's name was Beverley Crawford...a supernatural from my own bloodline.

There are only two family lines within the royal bloodline. Only the ones that contain the royal blood are the ones who can mate with one another. Legends say that two royals that mate have an even more incredible bond than normal supernatural mates. I hope to experience that with Emma once this is all over.

If one were to fully mate with another supernatural they would become infertile and could die from mating with another supernatural that is not their true mate.

A flashback of a mark on Emma's neck comes into my head. She tried mating with another supernatural. The way the symbol looked on her neck tells me that she did not fully complete the mating process. I'm beyond happy about that but furious at the same time that someone would try and take advantage of my mate.