Forever

Hiccup and Astrid sat on the steps of Hiccup's house. The boy had a blanket draped over his shoulders as the two watched a beautiful sunset.
Toothless and Stormfly were running around near them, having a game of chase.
It had been a week since Hiccup's capture and he was stronger. His Tarjinka flu had nearly passed, he was just a little tired.
"Can I ask you something?" Hiccup asked.
"Of course" Astrid replied.
"You know when Vigo gave you guys the ransom note?"
"Yeah."
"Were you considering to agree with it?"
"Oh, well. There was a time where I honestly thought I had to. And uh, and it was to keep you safe, I would've agreed. If it wasn't for the others to back me up, you wouldn't be here. You'd probably be in Valhalla."
"You know, I would sacrifice myself for you guys. I had a feeling you'd either agree to the terms or bust me out."
"Hiccup, I'm not ready to sacrifice you. That's something I'll never be able to do. You mean too much to me."
Hiccup gave her a soft smile.
"That goes for me too."
Hiccup put an arm around her and Astrid leaned on to him.
"You're my world Hiccup. I can't imagine my life without you in it" Astrid said looking up at him.
"I'm the same way Astrid" Hiccup told her leaning down.
Astrid turned her head slightly and closed her eyes as their lips collided.
They pulled away after a few seconds and cuddled closer to each other.
"I love you Astrid" Hiccup said softly.
"I love you too Hiccup" Astrid smiled.
As the sun sank, the two Viking's knew that things were better. And no matter what they faced, they'd face it together. Side by side.

Forever.