Taken

Heather looked up from Hiccup's pale face to see Astrid come in.
"It's been a while since he took the medicine. Any signs of improvement?" She asked taking a seat on the bed.
"None. He hasn't woken" Heather replied looking over at Toothless who was pacing.
"Has everyone gone to bed?" She asked Astrid.
"Yeah, everyone but Toothless" Astrid replied.
Heather watched the Night Fury's movements. They were stiff, slow.
"Toothless? Why don't we go for a flight?"
A snarl was the Night Fury's answer to Heather's offer.
Astrid watched the anxious dragon repetitively walk around the downstairs of the hut.
"He seems really scared Heather. He hasn't slept, flew or eaten in days."
Heather also felt concern grow on her. A grumpy growl was normally how Toothless spoke now. No purr, or happy gurgling. Only fear and anxiety was showing. It was obvious he was worried, but the Vikings knew he was doing the main three things a dragon should. Eating, sleeping, and flying. A lot.
So far, Toothless was doing very little of the three.
"Toothless."
The dragon looked up at the girls angrily.
"We know your afraid for Hiccup's life, but really, you need to eat" Astrid said as gently as she could.
Toothless gave her a face that clearly said: 'You've got to be joking right?' Before continuing to pace.
Heather sighed and looked back to Hiccup.
He suddenly gave a small groan.
"Hiccup?" Astrid asked as quietly as she could, her excitement to see her friend show a sign of life was high.
Hiccup bleakly opened his eyes.
"The Hunters...Coming..." he coughed before closing his eyes again.
The two girls glanced at one another.
The Hunters were coming? How on earth did Hiccup know that?!
"Most likely the fever kicking in" Astrid said sadly.
"Toothless, watch Hiccup. Astrid, I need to talk to you" Heather said standing up.
Toothless came and sat beside his friend. Pupils large, and a single soft purr came from the dragons throat.
Astrid followed Heather outside.
"What is it?" She asked.
"Hiccup. It's been weeks Astrid, what if it takes ages for him to get better? We need him."
"You don't really believe the Hunters are coming do you?"
"I don't know, come on. We need to get something to eat."

Astrid looked up from her meal when she heard a roar.
"Toothless."
The two girls sped out the door with their axes ready.
They saw at least twenty Hunters outside Hiccup's hut.
With a yell, the enraged Vikings ran straight at the enemy.
All the dragon Hunters looked round. Two blew through wooden flutes, and darts came flying out.
Heather got hit and collapsed, but Astrid deflected the ones coming her way.
She wasn't expecting one to hit her in the back.
She fell beside Heather, asleep.
"Leave them!" A Hunter barked when some of his men went to take them.
"Vigo wanted the boy only!"
Hiccup was carried with little care from his house.
Toothless, who was injured with a dragon root arrow, couldn't do a thing.

Hiccup was taken.