6 | Isla de Muerta

Elizabeth and I sit in the Captain's office, looking out of the window at an island. Pintel, Ragetti and a few others barge through the door.

"Time to go, poppets." Pintel tells us. Elizabeth is dragged out but the pirates let me follow them out. That's odd. When we reach the deck, Elizabeth gets her wrists tied up, then Captain Barbossa puts the gold medallion around her neck.

"Captain Barbossa, is there a reason my arms aren't tied?" I ask, cuirously.

"Why Miss Lily? Ye complainin' and want ye wrists tied?" He replies, raising an eyebrow.

"No, I'm not complaining, merely curious as to why you are letting me walk around with no restraints."

"Ye want to know why? I know ye won't run off because if ye do, ye won't learn how to control yourself in regards to ye being an elemental manipulator. Should ye chose to stay, ye can be even stronger." He tells me, smirking. "Also, ye be in a longboat with Pintel, Ragetti and meself."

"Great." I smile at him. He looks away and motions for everyone to get into a longboat.

We are in the longboats, entering a dark cave. No one speaks, which is most unusual for Pintel and Ragetti. Barbossa stands at the front of the boat, Jack the monkey, on his left shoulder.

***

We finally arrive at the Isla de Muerta and Elizabeth is being shoved into the gold cove. There is gold and treasure covering the ground, tall mountains of golden goblets and jewellry. I walk next to Barbossa, up to the chest of cursed Cortés medallions. The crew are carrying large amounts of treasure and throwing it everywhere.

"Ten years of hoarding swag." I hear Pintel say to Ragetti.

"Now we finally get to spend it." He replies, both of them emptying a chest full of dresses. Ragetti picks up a rose gold dress and holds it up against himself.

"Once we're free of the curse, we'll be rich men.." Pintel starts as Ragetti picks up a parasol, puts it behind himself and starts spinning it. "And you can buy an eye what actually fits and is made of glass."

"This one does splinter something terrible." Ragetti tells him as he starts rubbing his wooden eye.

"Stop rubbin' it."

***

"Gentlemen, the time has come!" Barbissa yells at his crew. The all punch the air, cheering.
"Salvation is nigh!" They all cheer again.
"Our torment is nearing an end!" Once again, they cheer.
"For ten years we've been tested and tried and each man here has proved his mettle a hundred times over, and a hundred times again!" *Cheering*

"Suffered, I have!" Ragetti yells.

Punished we were, the lot of us," Barbossa continues. "Disproportionate to our crime!" *Cheering*

"Here it is!" Barbossa yells as he kicks the stone lid off the chest, revealing hundreds of identical golden medallions. "The cursed treasure if Cortés himself." He runs his fingers over the gold pieces. "Every last piece that went astray, we have returned. Save for this!" He points to Elizabeth, who is standing behind the chest looking terrified. Oh god, I think he is going to kill my sister.

"Who among us has paid the blood sacrifice owed to the heathen gods?" Barbossa asks his crew. 'God, he is good looking'.

"Us!" The crew yell.

"And whose blood must yet be paid?"

"Hers!" They all point to Elizabeth with their weapons.

"You know the first thing I'm going to do after the curse is lifted?" Barbossa asks. "Eat a whole bushel of apples!" He shoved Elizabeth's neck down over the chest and drew a dagger from his belt.

"Barbossa, what are you doing?! You can't kill an innocent woman!" I scream loud enough for everyone to hear me.

"Miss Lily, she isn't going to die. We only need a small amount of blood." He held his dagger up. "Begun by blood. By blood undone." By then there was nothing I could do. They needed to be free of the curse. Barbossa yanked the medallion off Elizabeth and placed it in her hand. He then sliced her palm, drawing lots of blood.

"That's it?" She asks, shocked to still being alive.

"Waste not." Was all he said as he put the medallion in her hand, then made her drop it in the chest. They all just stand there for a few minutes, waiting to see if the curse had been lifted.

"Did it work?"

"I don't feel no different." Ragetti said.

"How do we tell?" Pintel asked. Then Barbossa took out his gun and shot Pintel in the chest. He didn't die.

"You're not dead!"

"No." Pintel chuckled, then pointed at Barbossa. "He shot me."

"It didn't work." Ragetti told him.

"The curse is still upon us!" Barbossa examined his knife then turned to Elizabeth. He grabbed her shoulders.

"You! Maid! Your father, what was his name? Was your father William Turner?" He asked, shaking her.

"No." She replied, smirking.

"Where's his child whi sailed from England eight years ago?" He picked up the medallion. "The child in whose veins flows the blood of William Turner? Where?" Elizabeth didn't answer him. She just stood there smirking. She will deserve what she gets from now on. Barbossa smacked her over the head, sending her flying down the mountain of treasure, the medallion going with her.

"You two!" The man yelled at Pintel and Ragetti. "You brought us the wrong person!"

"No!" Pintel objected. "She had the medallion. She's the proper age."

"She said her name was Turner. You heard her." Ragetti butted in. "I think she lied to us."

"You brought us here for nothing!" Twigg yelled at Barbossa.

"I will not take questioning or second guesses, not from the likes of you, Master Twigg."

"Who's to blame him? Every decision you have made has lead us from bad to worse!"

"It was you who sent Bootstrap to the depths!" Everyone cheers in agreement, holding their weapons up. One man pulled put a sword and pointed it at Barbossa.

"And it's you who brought us here in the first place!" Barbossa drew his sword and stabbed it in the air.

"If any coward here dare challenge me, let him speak!"

"I say we cut her throat and spill all her blood. Just in case."

"Yeah!" They all yell at Barbossa.

"Good luck with that." I piped up. "She's gone!"

"The medallion! She's taken it!" Barbossa yelled. "Get after her, you feckless pack of ingrates!" The crew take off after Elizabeth. I stay with Barbossa.

***

Barbossa and I walk up to Jack Sparrow, who happened to find his way here.

"How the blazes did you get off that island?" Barbossa asks the pirate.

"When you marooned me on that godforsaken spit of land, you forgot one very important thing, mate. I'm Captain Jack Sparrow."

"Are we supposed to be impressed." I scoff, earning a glare from Sparrow.

"Ah, well, I won't be makin' that mistake again." Barbossa tells him. "Gents, you all remember Captain Jack Sparrow?"

"Aye."

"Kill him." Barbossa orders and the crew aim their guns at Sparrow. I walk over to Pintel and Ragetti.

"Either of you two have a spare gun?" I ask. Pintel hands me a loaded pistol. "Thanks." I walk over to Sparrow and hold the pistol to his head, he just smirked at me.

"The girl's blood didn't work, did it?"

"Hold your fire!" Barbossa walks over to him.

"Fuck!" I yelled, wanting to kill him for threatening me. Barbossa chuckled.

"You know whose blood we need."

"I know whose blood you need." He confirmed. He was taken back to the Pearl.