.:Chapter 36:.

[Name]'s pov

Beep. Beep. Beep.

I could hear a beeping noise. The silent symphony of the beeping noise—maybe a heart monitor—, the birds song and the whisk of the breeze. It was quiet—peaceful.

The sudden gust of nausea kicked in. It was mixed in with the aroma of medicines, rubbing alcohol and more. It was pretty disgusting.

I was surrounded with darkness. The shade of black coated the walls, all colours died. My eyes didn't want to function, acting like rusted gears in an engine. With the slight light rays, it zapped my eyes. I instantly regretted it, seeing that the light burns. A frown made its way up to my lips.

Soon my fingers felt more energized. My senses were still numb. They grappled on the foreign thing that weighted my palm of my hand. It was warm, smooth yet rough. For an unknown reason, it made me feel a lot more safe around it. So I relaxed my fingers and let them roam around the platform.

I guess I spooked it because right afterwards the creature twitched. Soon after a faint cry could be heard. It was familiar. Too familiar. It left a an dent in my heart.

"Soul..?" My voice mumbled. My brain was questioning my mouth's own actions. My eyes' lashes were fluttering. It was an uneven beat. It was trying to wash away the blurred out colour that cloaked around my eyes.

"[Name], you there?" The voice reached out to me. I could assume Soul was gripping my hand. It was tight. It was painful.

"Soul, stop, it hurts..." I mumbled regaining more confidence in my cells.

"Sorry..." He responds back.

It didn't take a while before I forcefully shed open my eyes to see the illuminating white light that stung me. I flinched back, eyes closed and rotated onto another angle. The broad daylight shorn rays down on me till I couldn't take anymore. I sat up.

My hair flocked down ungracefully. Puffs of dust came next and my sore eyes stared at the clean sheets. They hovered over the pale boy who stood beside me. There were tears the crawled down his cheeks. Sadness.

Soul.

"Soul?" I asked. My hands acted on their own. They reached to his face. Or barely at least. Taking a closer look around, her eyes landed on the wires and transparent tubes that wrapped around the feet of the bed. Most importantly, around her body too. I smiled.

"So I was hospitalized..." I mumbled laying back into a more comfortable position.

"How long?" I asked, still a in a daze.

"A few months [Name]," he mumbled, "I waited for you all this time..."

It took awhile to take this in. For months I sat here, dying, with this boy sitting here too, also dying. What in the world.

"You didn't have to—sit here and wait—"

"I COULDN'T JUST—"

"I would've been fine, you're worrying too much about me—I mean, look at yourself." I said, "You are changing from the person I once saw you as—"

"So you don't like this "new" me?" He mumbled bitterly.

"That's not what I said—"

"ANSWER MY QUESTION [Name]!"

I sighed. There was this unknown tension that built up around him. A ticking bomb ready to go off at anytime.

"Come here for a sec." I said, raising my hand up and lifting a finger to direct himself towards me.

He was bitterly embarrassed—almost unwilling to do so before he gave up. He started to face me up close. His glassy ripple of reds stared deeply at me, confused.

"Now close your eyes and hear me out."

It turned dead quiet. The silence drifted long than he expected.

*Slap*

He opened his eyes in disbelief. It hurt him.

But soon after his sore slapped cheek was replaced with something else.

He turned red. Blood rushing way past the safe zone. He never felt more embarrassed before and yet he was confused. At times similar like these, his nose would bleed. It would put pour the red oozes of blood.

"Huh?" He mumbled. "Did you just—"

"Do you understand now? Good! Now leave, I'm feelingly sleepy now..." I muttered before turning into my side—facing away from him—and lifting the covers over my head. Sure I was embarrassed, but I would not live the day to let him see it. Ever.