Chapter 9

-Chase-

 I really screwed up. I didn’t bother listening to the teacher I already knew everything he said from my prep school in LA. It’s been days since Day has spoken to me. I don’t really blame her though. She was right about me. Every word she said about me was the truth and I thought I was different from the rest, but she knew that I was just like everyone else.

 When she saw me with Decker I saw how betrayed she looked. Her face was burned into my mind.

 “Mr. Lovelace!” The teacher exclaimed.

 “Yes?” I asked.

 “The headmaster wants to see you.”

 I got up from my seat and took a look back at Day. She looked so hurt then slowly she raised up her hand and flipped me off. She had up her almost impenetrable façade up once again. I turned around and left to see the headmaster.

 When I got to the big oak door with the name Mrs. Winters on a gold name plate, I quietly knocked on the smooth wood.

 “Come in.” said a deep female voice.

 I slowly opened the door and let myself in. Behind a large oak desk sat a woman with salt and pepper hair and sharp facial features. I took a seat in front of her.

 “Looks like you will be going home today. That Peter fellow is here ready to take you to the airport.” She said looking up at me from her glasses.

 “Perry?” I asked trying not to sound like I was correcting her.

 “Why yes Perry, sorry about that.” She smiled, “He is down in the lobby chatting it up with the admissions secretary.”

 I smiled at the thought of seeing Perry again. He always seemed perpetually grumpy, but throw a pretty woman at him and he would be the most charming man in the world.

 “What about Day Howards?” I asked, “Have you heard anything about her?”

 “She’s my blood so I listen for news about her constently, she should be going home soon.”

 I didn’t know she was related to the headmaster.

 “For the past year Day hasn’t been herself but within the few weeks you were here she’s acted like herself again,” Mrs. Winters looked me in the eyes and said, “You mean more to her than she let’s on.”

 Mrs. Winters shuffled some papers on her desk obviously done with me. I rose from the chair and walked out of her office. I walked down the hall to the lobby to see my four suitcases and a very tall Perry who was flirting with the pretty young blond secretary who giggled at something he said.

 “Hey, Perry,” I said picking up one of my bags.

 “Hey Lovelace.” he said picking up two of my bags while leaving the last one for me, “Looks like I have to go now. It was a pleasure talking with you.” He winked causing the secretary to giggle again.

 She said bye and we walked into the parking lot where a black Mercedes sat. I threw my bags in the back and got in the passenger seat. Perry and I didn’t talk until we got to the Johnson City Airport. It was not a very big airport but that didn’t really matter.

 “What is the matter, Chase?” Perry asked quickly.

 “Am I a douche?” I asked.

 “What kind of question is that? Of course you are,” he answered, “You let all that fame go to that pretty little head of yours.”

 Over the intercom a lady called our flight. Finally I was going home.

 I sighed and sat in my first class seat on the plane.