5. I Don't Want You To Go

When Emily's phone started vibrating for the fourth time, she grabbed it and received the call.

"What?" she snapped into the mouthpiece.

There was a short silence on the other side. Then Gale's voice came across. "Em?"

She sat up in her seat. "Oh. Gale? What's up?"

He snickered on his side. "Did you forget?"

She frowned and tried to rack her brain within seconds but came up with nothing. "Forget what?"

"It's movie night, geek! Where are you?"

"Shit I forgot! I'm sorry! I'm over at Matt's, we have this thing in Biology we have to present together in class and-- "

"Matt's?" He interrupted.

"Yes, I-- "

"Do you live in his house now, Blake?" He cut in again, annoyance rippling through his voice. He didn't bother hiding his disapproval of her being at Matt's.

She rolled her eyes. "We are almost done, I'll be there in minutes."

She hung up just as Matt came back into his kitchen from the bathroom.

"Wanna hang out?" she asked.

Matt looked at Emily one more time, in indecision. "I'm not sure he will want me here."

"Why not? You two have rode together to school all week, you practise football everyday after school together, and you both discovered your common obsession with bikes. Aren't you supposed to be cool with each other by now?" She asked, giving him a skeptical look.

"It's not that," he said. "This is your thing, I don't think he will want me crashing-- "

"You're not crashing, I invited you. He won't mind. Come on, let's go in," she said and took his hand.

Before he could protest further, she pushed the front door of Gale's house open and led the way in.

"Shouldn't you knock?"

"He knows I'm coming."

They took the stairs and were soon getting into one of the bedrooms upstairs.

"Thought you would never come," Gale said from his spot on the floor, where he was sorting movies.

"As if," she said and went to kneel next to him. "I brought Matt. Have a seat, Matt."

Gale turned and gave her a sharp look, then looked behind her towards where Matt was standing. He nodded at him, and Matt nodded back. Emily shot a smile at Matt, as if saying see? He's cool with it.

"What do you want to watch?" Gale asked her, his voice clipped.

"Spiderman."

He snorted. "We watched Spiderman last Friday."

"The newest."

"No, we are not spider people to watch Spiderman every week. Something else?"

"You said you have the new Into The Badlands season."

"Yeah?"

"Well then let's watch that," she suggested.

"There's a reason this is called movie night, Em." He smarted.

She took the discs that were in his hands and sorted through them. She lifted one to show him. Life Of Pi.

"I remember now, we were supposed to watch this last week before you fell into my spidie trap."