Chapter 2

Thank you HiddenHideously for making the amazing cover!!

_______________________________

"Ms. Day?" A voice asked, pulling me out of my daydream.

"Yes?" I said.

"The answer to number seven, Ms. Day," Mr. Jones asked me.

"Um..." I looked at my opened notebook in front of me. "Five," I told him with a small smile.

"Correct. Elissa, number eight?" He said, and I took a breath of relief.

Math went by slowly, and the bell finally rang. Everyone got out of their seats slowly, knowing that moving too quick would cause us to stay after. We all shuffled out the door, and I walked down to my locker, saying hi to a few people along the way.

Cason was waiting by my locker when I walked up to it.

"So how was math?" He said with a smirk.

"As boring as always," I answered monotonously.

"So Rico was telling me about a party going on tonight at Tiffany's," He said.

I knew he wanted me to come with him. I watched over him at parties, I was the one who always made sure he got home safe.

"Cason, every time I go to a party I always just end up sitting on the couch next to some couple in a heated make out session," I told him.

"Please, Em? This is going to be one of the biggest parties of the year. I need you," He pleaded.

He always ends up convincing me to come in the end, and I wouldn't be able to live with myself if something happened to him.

"I guess its oka-" I started before he cut me off.

"Thank you so so so much, Em," He said, a big grin on his face.

"Well now we have to get to class," I told him with a small laugh. I grabbed the books out of my locker and turned back to Cason. "Ready?"

"Yeah, because I'm always ready for the discussions Mr. Pool makes us all have about Moby Dick," He said sarcastically.

"Just think about the movie," I told him.

"There was a movie?!" He half shouted as we walked into the classroom.

"Mr. Rydell! We use our indoor voices in the classroom," He said to Cason, which made his face turn a light shade of red.

I tried to hold in my laugh, and some football players in the back of the room let out a few laughs.

Mr. Pool turned to the few in the back. "And I'm assuming you four want detention?" He told them, which shut them right up.

Cason and I walked to our seats. "It's not my fault that I didn't know there was a movie," he mumbled as he sat in the seat beside me, which made me smile.

"Now class, please tell me something you know about Moby Dick," Mr. Pool said as he stood in the front of the class.

"Sperm whale," Someone shouted from behind me, and that's how English took off...