Chapter Two - Round One

Chapter Two

                                                 Noah’s Point of View

           ‘I can just ask Victor about it, Noah.

          ‘I want to hear it from Banks, himself. It’s for the paper, Erica. Just wait for me at the parking lot, I can do this myself.’

          Tearing my gaze from my phone, I stared at the two-door mustard colored entrance before me. I am Noah Holman, for Pete’s sake! I’m not afraid of anything, of anyone. I’m Noah Holman! Noah fucking Holman. But now, as I stand frozen before this freaking room—If they even call this a room, the look of horror in my face never seem to faze.

          Ugh. Man up Holman! You’re just going to face seven freaking guys! Yeah, seven fucking gorgeous billionaires!

          For the last time, I groaned and knocked before going in. The room—if it’s still considered as a room—was freaking turgid. It’s complete with all the gadgets you can probably ever think of—gadgets that are not even in the market yet. A few words cannot describe how ostentatious this room was.

          There was a pool table, a mini library, three pinball machines, three soccer tables, three dartboards by the wall, a fifty-inch LED TV, and there was an inside swimming pool for God’s sake! And the best part was… they have their own Skittles vending machine!

          There was no one around. So I’ve decided to look around the place for a little bit. It’s not gonna hurt to share their little lair for a while.

          I got myself a pack of Skittles before inspecting the place. Everything was in order: be it the books or the pool sticks which had a name on each of the seven Special A members: Markki Stroem, Victor Plum, Stefan Nolan, Blake Julian, Henry Durst, Matt Harrington, and the last, the most arrogant and the richest: Ryan Banks.

          With envy, I left the pool table and studied the mini library, tracing my fingers at the spine of the books as I went passed each. I spotted my favorite book and pulled it out: the handmaid’s tale, a book which I’ve grown reading it, thus awakening me early to reality.

          “You’re not supposed to be here.”

          I jumped hard at the sound of the well-modulated voice that came from behind me, the book flying from my hand backwards.

          Frozen—and not having any intention of turning back and face my doom, I kept my back on my subjugator.

          Loud footsteps filled the room as I felt his presence slowly approaching my back, a small pause took over and then the footsteps were back.

          “The Handmaid’s tale by Margaret Atwood…” A deep accented voice said—an accent that made me recognize who he was. “Clever choice… Noah Holman.”

          Closing my eyes shut, I wished to every Gods and saints to transport me anywhere else other than here. “Thank you, Ryan Banks. That’s a highly-appreciated compliment.”

          Don’t mess with him, Noah. Don’t mess with him! You’re going to be in a lot of trouble and attention if you do! Shit, shit, hold your tongue! Argh, bite it, bite it! Fuck, what the hell is wrong with me? Why would I bite my tongue? Am I freaking sick?

          “So… are you going to tell me or should I guess?” Ryan said.

          I finally turned around. Unwanted stream of will power to give him a taste of my snide remarks coursed through my veins. “Tell you what?”

          He answered in a stern voice, “What you’re doing in this room considering you’re not allowed to be here in the first place.”

          I shrugged. “Go ahead and guess.”

          At my order, he narrowed his eyes on me, a tug playing at the corner of his lips. He guessed, “You want an inside story about this year’s Bachelor.”

          “Close… but wrong.” I said, hissing for dramatic effect. “I know you are this year’s Bachelor, Banks. I wanna know why after three years of rejecting the offer of the spot, you accepted it this time.”

          He let out a faint chuckle. “What makes you think that I’ll give you what you want?”

          “I don’t know…” I shrugged. “Old times’ sake?”

          He snorted. “I’m sorry, were you referring about that Biology partners and late night study dates we used to have during freshmen year before this Bachelor thing happened as your Old times’ sake? I’m flattered the school paper’s editor in chief considers that part of her history.”

          “Those are not dates!” I cried. “Now I don’t think I still want to wring it from you when you don’t even know the difference between a date and a study time.”

          “Then what are you still doing here?”

          “I-I…” I grunted. “Fine, I’m leaving. I don’t want to be here in your little hideout anyway.”

          He nodded theatrically, curving his lips down. “Funny because you seemed amazed by it the entire time…”

          “I was not!” I yelled.

          “You got yourself a pack of Skittles from the vending machine because you don’t find this place awesome… right.” He droned in a commemoratory fashion.

          My face instantly grew hot and I had the sudden urge to dent his pretty face but I held onto my ground and saved it for later. I swear I’m gonna be punching his face soon.

          He smirked. “You were saying?”

          “Go to hell.” I said before actually storming out of it.

          “I’ll say hi to Satan for you!” I heard him shout back and I had the biggest urge to go back and kill the demon.

          A/N.

          So... I love it when you guys comment! And Library add! And vote! It's a little slow but it'll come when it spreads. Wattpad popularity is like a virus. 

         Good news! Obviously I got the video working. It's not a pro work but it's close to being fairly acceptable. It sucks, quite frankly, but it's my work. So I'm kinda sugarcoating it...

         Anyway, I seriously hope you enjoy this chapter, and hope you vote and comment and tweet and like. Anything that can make you happy, but one thing's for sure... whatever's gonna make me happy--especially everything! :) 

         I hope you guys dig it!