Chapter 3

I needed help...

My body erupted in shock as someones fingers suddenly grasped the back of my shirt. They were gently tugging on it, trying to achieve my attention.

" hello? Are you okay?" Their voice was deep and brash, but somehow soothed any negative feeling. His voice was a angelic melody, gracing my mind with peace and prosperity.

I cautiously ascended my eyes, to be met with the most enchanting eyes. They were an amethyst purple, slightly tinted with a shade of blue. Sparks of silver seemed to reflect form them as his pupils grew wider in worry.

I was abruptly pulled back into reality as his angelic voice was laced with fear and concern. He looked panicked and beads of sweat was starting to form on his forehead. I nodded my head steadily, putting him at ease.

I finally glanced away from his majestic eyes, for the first time taking in his whole appearance. My mouth gaped unexpectedly, setting free a long needed breath i didn't even know i was holding in. He didn't look any older than about 25, even though he could pass for his early 30s. At first glance i wasn't sure, but his older appearance was betrayed by the patchiness of his somewhat existent beard and the recent scaring of previous occurring spots.

I didn't realise i was staring for so long, but it soon became clear by the evident blush on his face. " is there something on my face?" He asked nervously, slightly brushing his hand across his cheek. "N-no!" I exclaimed, it coming out as more than a stutter than intended. "Your face looks fine, better than fine" his blush deepened at my sudden compliment.

"I do believe i didn't catch you name" he admitted, his blush seeming to deepen yet again. Jeez... how deep can his cheeks go? "Lorenzo, Lorenzo Acotta" i said, my Italian accent protruding suddenly. He smiled at that, extending his hand as he went to reply, " Aiden, Aiden Doronte" .  I blushed slightly at how he introduced himself with the same format i did. I warily placed my hand in his outstretched one, grasping on for a little longer than necessarily needed.

He took me by surprise when he pulled me up to me feet during the handshake. He unfortunately dropped his hand after that, leaving it to rest by his side.

" So..." he started off, kinda awkwardly. Although I wasn't sure how any angel faced creature could be awkward, they seemed to perfect. I guess everyone has their flaws... especially me.

"Why were you sitting on the ground crying?" He suddenly uttered out. My face drained of all colour and the urge to cry became the main priority again. A silent tear strolled town my face, exposing my discomfort. He understood my need for not discussing this question right now, as he grabbed on to my shoulders and pulled my in for a hug.

Warmth spread throughout my body, slowly invaded by the coldness of my tears. I sobbed into his chest and closed my eyes. Soft whispers echoed from his mouth to my ears as his hand traced circles on the small of my back.

I didn't know why, but for some reason i feel protected and safe and that flicker of hope that died out is stating to spark back up.

I needed help...

And i got an angel...

Thank you for reading my third chapter and be sure to read the next one, thanks! X