Chapter 2

His face...
His smile...
His laugh...
His happiness...
It was all took a way in a matter of months, all seeming like seconds.

There wasn't enough time.
Time to say "thank you", time to "sorry", time to say "i love you".
And now he's gone, my only son is gone.

But theres nothing you can do. He tried his hardest to fight, we both did, together, as a family. But i guess we just didn't try hard enough. Otherwise, he would be here now.

And its all my fault. If i fought with him and not against it, he would still be here. If i had faith instead of doubting him at his weakest points. If i had just been the perfect father, he would still be here.

His life washed away just like the sea; me, the soggy sand left behind. Clumps of seaweed; memories of its existence, soon to be reunited. Just like me and my boy. My only boy...
No matter how far he drifts, he will always be here, in my memories, holding my hand, guiding me through life.

An elongated sigh escaped my lips, struggling free like the engine suddenly being turned on,on a old rusted car. My throat felt horse, as silent sobs erupted from within me. Tears solemnly streamed down my face, gliding across my unshaven stubble.

My knees collapsed, the point of my knee digging into the soaked sand. The water marks increased as the waves repeatedly marched back and fourth. My life had become a mess... I was a mess... I needed help...

Thanks for reading my second chapter, see you soon x