Golden Boy

Percy Pov

After finally making it I was able to sit down and give the flowers to them. Perhaps I should explain, I am currently at the cemetery, more precisely I am standing in front of my moms and Paul's grave. I sat down and just rambled on for a while as if they were there listening. I told them I was doing fine, that I missed them and was sorry I was not here for them for the past four hundred years. After I could not find anything else to say I just sat in silence. Not sure of what to do.

A voice from behind me then said "It is a shame truly." I leapt to my feet, and quickly saluted knowing full well the voice behind me belonged none other than to Chaos himself. "at ease Perseus, I merely came to talk." I relaxed a little bit.

"My lord, why are you here?" I asked.

"I came to pay a visit to the women who did such a fine job training my right hand man." he replied. "Also I came because I have warning for you."

"What is it my lord?" I asked confused.

"I feel you will soon find out exactly why you left earth." he told me.

"What do you mean, I left earth because I was forgotten, how could there be any other reason?" I asked incredibly confused.

"I can not explain any more, but be warned information will be reaching you soon and I am not sure you will be able to handle it." he told me. With that he teleported away, leaving me unsure about what is happening, and the way he said I might not be able to handle made it seem like this would be world shattering. I sat with my parents, more or less, for another half an hour or so before heading back to Olympus. I ran back not really in a hurry, that is until I heard a long high pitched blare, this was a signal I new well. It was a distress call from my subordinates. I quickly teleported to the source of the noise, I arrived at the Brooklyn bridge and found John as quickly as possible.

"What is the matter?" I asked.

"We are being over-whelmed" he told me frantically.

"Why, are they too strong, to many." I demanded.

"For the most part we had the advantage, then he showed up..."

"Who!?" I asked more forcefully

"The golden sword." he said then bolted off trying to get a hold of one of his men. The golden sword, that was a name I had not heard in a while, it could only be one man. I bolted down to the bridge and what I found was what I expected. The soldiers where half man half dolphin, carrying an assortment of spears with them. I soon found the leader, it was not difficult he wore gold armor, had a bright gold sword and his helmet looked like snakes that captured their likeliness so well he could have been a gorgon himself. When he saw my he flashed me a huge smile one that was a mixture of glee and madness. He looked like nothing would make him happier than slaying some demigods.

"Chrysaor!" I shouted to him. To this he replied,

"Hello Brother."

Annabeth Pov

We have been traveling San Francisco for like twenty minutes now hopelessly lost, somehow Hazel, Frank, and Jason were unable to navigate the city.

"How do you not now where to go, this is as pathetic as if I did not know how to navigate New York city." yelled Xander. For once I agreed with him, but I would never admit that. We stumbled around the city a while longer before we found a dock. We found a moderate sized boat.

"How are we going to pay for this?" asked Hazel

"We won't, we elected not to steal another car, this is not a car." Xander said, jumping in. Hazel grumbled some very un-lady like things, but jumped in none the less, after we all filed in Xander started to move the boat with his own will power. I started to get nostalgic about how Percy was able to do it. I wish he was here, the old Percy; not Omega. We trudged along the coast and I stared at mount Tam. My shoulders started to ache thinking about the time I stupidly let Luke free from his job of holding the weight of the sky. I played with my hair, the gray streak I got from that ordeal had long since faded. I begin imagining I was back in that time. With Percy, when he still liked me, all of his stupid seaweed brain moments, like when he opted to fight Ares, or when he did not even realize Tyson was a Cyclops, or when he named the Ophiotaurus Bessie, and when he blew up mount saint Helens...

"Stop the ship!" I yelled.

"Why?" was the general question I received.

"I figured it out head for mount Tam." I then explained my findings.

"Annabeth are you sure about this?" asked Frank.

"one hundred and ten percent." I replied He nodded. Xander changed our course to mount Tam and we got prepared for the worst.

Thalia Pov

I have been thinking lately about what Percy said, now I am locked in combat on the Williamsburg bridge unsure of what to try with my powers, maybe Percy was right I do lack imagination. I just could not shake the feeling that their was more I can and should do with my powers, that I am wasting my potential. So far the only thing I though of was lacing my arrows with lightning, which was sort of cool, but it did not seem that useful. All this flashed through my head as I stabbed and slashed my way through monsters. I drew my bow and figured what the hell, I put some electricity into my arrow and shot it. I was surprised with the result to say the least. The arrow traveled like five times faster, it pierced five monsters, killing them all, then exploded into a starburst of electricity killing another three monsters. Cool I thought then shot five more taking out about thirty monsters, but I felt a bit drained this was harder than it seemed. I tried to be a bit more imaginative after that and figured I should try anything that comes to mind. My mind began to drift slightly to Jason's flying, I had not intention of trying to fly, but I did think of an idea. I focused and I hovered maybe an inch of the ground, I ran forward using the air to augment my motion, covering eight feet with each bound, I was running faster than I ever thought possible. I lastrogonians swung his club at me, but I rolled sideways with more speed and agility than I thought possible. I drew my spear and leapt straight at the giant, the poor thing did not have a chance. My spear went straight through him, and he exploded into dust. I continued to play around with my powers more and more during the course of the fight, by the end I had six new tricks up my sleeve including the two ones I just tried out.

AN: Only three chapters left .Please R&R.