-twenty four-

What Are We?

(A/N: Set during the episodes that Rick, Carl, and Michonne aren't in.

Btw, another edit above made by yours truly. I can't help myself, they're fun to make!)

They were following the railroad tracks. The map posted on the train car was going to lead them to a place called Terminus, it was apparently a safe haven. All they had to do was follow the railroad tracks and eventually, they would find it.

Chloe hoped that Kacy was on her way there, she hoped that everyone was on their way there. It seemed obvious that they would. It was the obvious place to try and get to.

"I was thinking." Chloe and Carl were walking behind Rick and Michonne by a couple of yards. Carl looked at her and nodded for her to continue. "Why didn't we have a rendezvous place set up? Back at the prison, I mean. Why didn't we agree on a place for everyone to meet up if things went bad?"

Carl shrugged. "I dunno. Seems like we should've," He said.

"Like sure, we had the bus as an escape, and the others cars, too, but they were meant to stick together if we ever needed to leave," Chloe continued. "Why didn't we have a rendezvous set up?"

He shook his head. "We should've," he repeated. Silence fell over them. "I bet she's fine. Kacy, I mean." Carl turned to her. "She's tough, like you. I bet she got out with someone."

Chloe looked at him and smiled softly. "I bet so, too."

They trekked on in silence, hoping to reach Terminus soon. Carl had since walked ahead to walk with Michonne. Rick had fallen behind and was walking with Chloe now. Carl glanced back at Chloe every now and again to make sure she was okay. She was staring down at her feet. Carl had been thinking a lot about the two kisses they'd shared.

Neither of them had said anything about them since they happened, and Carl wasn't sure if that was a good thing or a bad thing. He wanted to say something to her, but he was afraid that if he did, he would somehow mess things up.

Michonne looked over at Carl and nudged his arm. "What's the matter?" She asked. Carl sighed and shrugged. "Ah, you're thinking about something." Carl glanced up at her and raised an eyebrow. "Ooh, not something, someone."

"So what if I am?" He replied.

"Who is the lucky lady?" Michonne questioned. "She had to be from the prison." When Carl looked up at her a second time with a face that said, you're kidding me, right? Michonne turned her head and glanced back at Chloe and then nodded. "Oh, so what happened, hm?"

Carl sighed. "Nothing happened," He said.

"Well, something must've happened, cause you seem upset." Michonne shrugged. She looked at him. "So spill."

He raised his hands in surrender. "All right, all right," Carl said. "A couple nights ago, at that house, Chloe and I... kissed. B-but now neither one of us has even said anything about it, so I'm worried..."

"You're worried that she doesn't actually like you." Michonne nodded. "Fair enough. Have you tried asking her about it?"

"Well... no." Carl shook his head.

"Maybe that's the problem then." Michonne nudged him. "Go on. I'll distract your dad."

Carl smiled a little at her. "Thanks."

➵

"Hey, Chloe?" Carl asked her. She looked up and faced him.

"Yeah?" She replied.

"I was just, uh, wondering..." Carl trailed off. Chloe raised an eyebrow and gave him a look that asked him to continue. "When we... when we kissed. What exactly was that?"

"What do you mean?" She replied. "It was a kiss."

"Well, yeah," Carl said. "But I mean... what does it mean? What are we?"

Chloe looked at him and shrugged. "What do you want us to be?" She replied.

"I mean... I'm not—I guess I want us to be... together?" He answered. "B-but I mean—" He took a breath. "Okay, let me start over."

Chloe laughed a bit and Carl couldn't help but join in.

"What I'm trying to ask you is... will you be my girlfriend, Chloe?" He asked, looking at her with huge puppy dog eyes. How could she possibly say no to that adorable face?

She grinned and nodded. "I've been waiting for you to ask me that," She said and pushed his hat down so it covered his eyes. He chuckled and lifted it back up.

"You have?" Carl asked.

Chloe nodded again. "Yeah. Now let's catch up, I bet they're wondering what's taking us so long." She grabbed Carl's hand and they started to run to catch up with Michonne and Rick.

➵

It's official, Chlarl is a couple! Yay I'm happy!

Comment and vote!

Read on, loves!

~Madison