Alone

Why is it that we worry? I'll tell you why, it's because someone or something is always tugging at your heart, screaming at you saying , "Worry about me today and all through the night!" This is me all the time, everyday, every night. I myself cannot get rid of it, it follows me around like a ball and chain, making it hard for me to concentrate in school, and my friends, and family. Just kidding, I have no friends

Everyday I feel alone. Even though every morning I wake up to my cheerful mother (sometimes I enjoy her company), and my father, who by the way is a work hungry maniac. I wish I could have one of those dads that I could play catch with, a dad that I could share music and movies with. The last full conversation I had with him, was him asking me what I wanted for school clothes. He seems to want a "perfect" daughter, one who gets perfects grades, and makes time to go to the mall with their friends everyday after school. Maybe the idea of a perfect daughter to him, is a daughter who wants nothing to do with him, one that will just leave him alone.

My mother on the other hand, is quiet lovely. She's always asking me how school is going and she always takes me to fun places. Last year she took me out of school to fly to Paris just for a shopping trip. My dad is a proud business owner of "Yellington's Grocery", the only grocery store in Perham, Maine. Our total population is a total of 350 people, of which half are high school students. After the large success of my dad's store in Perham, his business grew all the way to Limestone, then Waterville, all the way up to Portland. Then it grew from there, people started to buy into my dad's business and then his small country shop turned into one of the wealthiest grocery business in the U.S. 

"Beep! Beep!", sounded my alarm clock. I woke up startled, the sound of the alarm already made me stressed. I quickly slammed my hand down on the snooze button and drifted back off to sleep. I dreamed of a perfect world. My dad and I were playing catch, and a dog, of which we don't have, was running around trying to steal our ball. The sun was shining and there wasn't a single cloud in the sky. I was in pure heaven, until my alarm sounded again.

"Beep! Beep!" it screamed at me. I turned the alarm off angrily, staring at the time trying to refocus my vision. Finally, I could see clearly and my clock read 7:30. I was late for school, so I hopped out of bed and threw on a pair of skinny jeans and a sweater my Aunt Frida gave me. I stepped into my combat boots and grabbed my school bag. I ran outside and jumped into my car. I forgot my keys. I ran back inside and walked into my kitchen stealing my keys from the counter. My mother saw me and greeted me with her usual "I'm so happy to see you" smile.

"Hey sweetie! You should really brush your hair before going to school." I gave her a blank stare. I ran into the nearest bathroom and combed through my hair a few times. I stared into my mirror looking at my features. My hair was colorless, my skin was pale, cheekbones? have none. I made the executive decision to add some blush to my dull cheeks, it actually brought out the blue in my eyes. I tied my hair back into a French braid and headed out the door. As I tried to exit the front door my mom called me into the kitchen.

"Wren!", she sang," you need a healthy breakfast!" I rolled my eyes and dragged myself back into the kitchen. She handed me a yogurt filled with granola, and told me to sit in the dining room and "enjoy the meal she prepared". I looked at the oven clock, which read 7:45.

"Mom, I can't, I'm sorry. I have school at 8:00 and I already have to make up a test for Mr. Hammon".

"Fine. but we are going to have a good, home cooked meal tonight for supper. As a family." She seemed to overextend the "as a family", part of it. That's probably because dad hasn't eaten with us in over a month due to his "work issues".

"Alright," I sighed," See you tonight." I yelled while running out the door. I hopped into the car and put my keys into the ignition and turned, hearing my black mustang roar to life. The cool autumn air made my car freezing, so I leaned to the passenger side and grabbed my jacket out of my purse. I realized I still had my backpack on, so I pulled it off and threw it under the passenger seat. I put my car in drive, and backed out of my driveway. As I drove down my street, I looked at the colorful trees that collapsed over the road. It would be nice to be a tree, they don't have a dad, or the type of problems that I have. All they do is stay in one place, and grow and change, into big, bright  plants. I drove into the school parking lot, and pulled into the nearest spot. I grabbed my bag and locked my car, and I walked up to the main entrance. As I wandered through the halls, I turned on the phone to check the time. I'm not so sure why I have a phone anyways, it's not like I have any friends to text. I checked my time and it read 8:15. I wouldn't be able to make up that test.  I would also be late for algebra. I ran to my locker and spun the lock to its correct numbers. As I opened the locker a white liquid fell out of the bottom. I opened it all the way, to find everything soaked with shaving cream. My books, homework, and a pair of my old gym shoes were soaked with the cream. Cassi and her friends must have done this. I swiped the shaving cream off my algebra book and ran to class. I opened the door to see all of the kids staring at me.