Hidden Identity

~Alexis~

I waited for a few minutes before following them.

I knew I could catch up to them, speed was never an issue for me- both a burden and an advantage. I could still hear their footsteps walking around the dingy bar and into the side alley to my right. I sipped on my drink, tapping a nail to the side of the glass until I heard their footsteps pass me and I stood up, making my way towards the back of the pub. 

I peered out it, spotted who I was looking for and slid on a black mask covering everything but very light mesh over my eyes. Being caught would definitely not be a good idea, but being unmasked would ruin everything, and I wasn't just being a melodramatic 17 year old. 

I slid through the back window and into a small alley where I heard their muffled voices nearby. I crept up slowly to where they were.

'finally being small had its advantages' I smirked to myself.

 Luckily, the whole area was pitch black except for one dim, yellow lamppost, rusting towards the edge of the alleyway. I stopped when the voices were very near and peered around a small, dead end corner covered in graffiti and smelling like something had died fairly recently.

"Not so strong now are you, pretty boy" I heard a mans voice sneer and the sound of boot meeting face. Laughter filled the small alley, echoing eerily off the walls.

I stepped quickly around the corner and ducked down so I was hidden from the light, though my tight black clothing already did some of that for me.

"Whose gunna save you now, huh pretty boy?" another man cackled before continuing with his taunts. "Your sweet mother? Oh but wait, she's already dead isn't she"

I crept further forwards watching the scene play out in front of me. I knew I didn't have much time left but I had to wait just a little longer....

"Leave my mum out of this" the apparently captured boy hissed, attempting to stand up only to be punched on the side of his head and collapsing back on his hands.

The two men closed in on him, blocking their hostage from view but giving me the chance I've been waiting for. I appeared behind them as I used my speed to swiftly get my rope out of my pocket and swing it around their necks, choking them until they fell unconscious. I let the rope go loose and dropped them on the floor, pulling the rope out from underneath him.

I turned to their captive who was still hidden from view because of the minimal lighting.

"Can you stand?" I said to the figure, reaching out my glove-covered hand to help him up. Instead he just stared at me. I sighed and pulled my hand up rolling my eyes.

"Alright then, can you at least give me your phone so I can call 911?"

"Bu- wait... Wha-what happened.. I mean- they... Were..." he trailed of uncertainly but I was starting to get worried about people finding us here.

"Would you just give me the damn phone?" I said exasperatedly as he slowly became more aware of what happened.

"Um yeah.." he muttered, "it's over there in my backpack I think"

"Thankyou" I muttered under my breath and started for the bag as a hand quickly reached out and pulled me back.

"How do I know I can trust you aren't just going to steal my stuff" the boy said suspiciously, tightening his grip on me. I laughed and swiftly pulled my arm away leaving him surprised and unbalanced.

"I just saved your life, cut me some slack would you" I walked over to the bag and rummaged through it until I found the mobile. I called 911, and acting as if I was upset, told them about the incidence and how some person knocked them out and disappeared. Then I walked back over to him.

"Alright kid, what's your name?"

"Kid" the guy scoffed and laughed at me, "How old do you think I am?"

"Do you really think I care?"

"Take a breather" He said laughing softly, "The names Jayden- and as a matter of fact I am 17. And who might you be?"

Completely ignoring his question I continued on.

"Ok Jayden, in about five minutes the police are going to arrive and you are going to tell them the exact same story I told them on the phone is that clear?" I didn't wait for him to respond as I kept going, "if they ask about the girl on the phone, tell them I just found you here and ran off because I was scared yes, ok? Ok"

I turned away from him but once again he attempted to hold me back by grabbing my hand. I whipped around to face him.

"I didn't catch your name in there" Jayden smirked.

Jeez, you'd think someone would be more traumatised after what happened, not pathetically flirting with their saviour. I pulled my arm out of his reach and jumped up on the pipeline, climbing my way up to the roof before calling out,

"That's the point"

Hey guys! Just wanted to say, if you do read this, for gods sake comment on it! Even if you don't like it, I want to know.

Danka and hugs 

Seri