Chapter 4: Who's George

Team one all stand outside as Eddie holds a gun to Spike's head and Lou holds a gun to Jules's. Alex stands near Greg and watches as Sam takes a step towards them. "What do I got to lose?" Lou asks frustrated. "You sound very upset" Sam mentions as he stops walking. Lou looks up quickly with a serious look. "You're damn straight I am!" Lou snaps. "I hear what your saying, okay?" Sam explains as Alex takes a step towards him. "Stay in control. This is your negotiation" Alex says quietly and then takes a step back and stands near Greg again.

Sam looks back at Lou and Ed and raises his hands up a bit. "What do we need to do, so that we can all go home?" Sam asks. "You can give me what I want!" Lou explains. "I would like to try" Sam admits. "You know what I would really like. I would like some Coke. Uh? You give me an ounce, this is over?" Lou demands as him and Eddie hold their guns closer to Spike and Jules.

Sam stands in front of them speechless. He then looks back at Alex, Greg, and Wordy confused for what he should do. Alex quickly motions with her hands for him to continue talking. "Hello?" Lou shouts. "I'm going to do it!" Eddie snaps. "A little help here?" Spike yells as he holds his hands behind his head. "You hear me, but you're not doing anything about it!" Lou continues. "He's a lying pig!" Eddie screams.

"I'm not a liar" Sam tries to explain gently. "Don't argue. Just...get him back" Greg addresses. Sam turns back towards Lou and Eddie and takes a breath. "Okay, look. You're obviously very upset" Sam starts. "Yes, yes. You know what that means?" Lou questions. "You know I really wish a cop would negotiate us to safety" Jules yells.

Alex walk back towards Sam and places a hand on his shoulder. "Come on, Sam. Just talk to them" she explains. "Dude! You know what I want!" Lou snaps, screaming up at Sam. Sam then looks at Lou and Eddie with a frustrated and annoyed face. "I'm not giving you cocaine, jackass!" Sam hollers.

Eddie holds the gun over Spike's head. "Bang!" and then he moves it over Jules head. "Bang!" he states. Alex turns around and sighs as she walks back towards Greg and Wordy. "Jackass?" Spike asks confused as he stands up. "Did he say, jackass?" Spike continues. "Okay, Sam. Let's talk this through" Greg snickers. Alex then looks back at Sam and sees him walking away. "Just give me a minute" Sam argues.

Alex ignores it and walks over towards Spike and Jules. "Jules! I'm so glad you're okay!" Alex laughs as she wraps her arms around Jules. Jules then laughs and does the same. "What about me!" Spike questions as he raises his hands in the air. Alex moves away from Jules and hugs Spike. "I'll always be glad when you're around, Spike" she whispers, not wanting anyone else to hear. "I know" Spike whispers back.

Suddenly Greg's voice quickly sends Alex away from Spike. "Let's go Alex. We need to go make sure Sam is okay" he states. Alex smiles at Spike as she sees him wink. "I'll see you later" he says. "Definitely" Alex snickers. She turns around and runs towards Greg as he walks into the SRU headquarters.

They both walk upstairs into the briefing room and see Sam sitting in one of the chairs at the table. "Long way from Kandahar, huh?" Alex asks as her and Greg walk around the table and sit down. Sam looks up with doubt in his eyes. "I was doing everything right, wasn't I? Mirroring, emotional labelling, eye messaging. Everything in the book. But I just-" Sam starts to explain. "Need to listen" Alex interrupts. Sam looks at her confused and a little pissed off. "Look, you can kick ass like it's nobody's business and you can look great in the cool pants. But as long as you're out there and you're trying to talk to somebody, you've got to be able to listen. You've got to be able to connect" Alex states. "I know. It's just..." Sam sighs. "How do you connect to bad guy, when you've spent four years shooting them?" Alex questions causing Sam to look up at her shocked.

Sam then looks back down at the transcripts on the table. "I just need to finish this review" Sam argues quietly. "Nah, you need time. Field training and a little patients. Okay?" Alex asks as she gets up from her chair and looks over at her father. Greg smiles and nods his head as he too gets up and walks around towards Sam. He pats his on the back gently and then turns to walk out of the briefing room. "Remember, you've got the cool pants down!" Alex laughs as she follows her father out.