The kill

Most people think that my dad is low life scum and I believe them. He's in the kitchen arguing with somebody, while I'm in my room polishing my toe nails black with silver shatter on top. We're not in such a great neighborhood. In fact we're in the hood. South California and it's hot as hell out here too. I haven't seen my Mother in two weeks. Honestly, I think shes dead somewhere because one night my parents were arguing, they both left and only my Father came back. It's a mystery I plan to solve soon, just not yet. My mother was pretty much all I had (definitely not my father). If I do find her and shes not dead I wonder what bull crap shes going to give me on why she left.

                   I listened closer to my Dad and whoever else was talking. They were talking about how my Dad has something that belongs to him and my Dad keeps denying. If my Dad did have something that belonged to him I wouldn't know what it was or where it was at. I stopped to put my ear to the door but then I heard a gun go off causing meto jump back in surprise.

         I almost ran across the room to jump out a freaking window. Too bad my room doesn't have windows. It wouldn't have worked anyway, because my door flew open anyway and some guy was was standing right there. I looked past the tall, long hair, big muscles, with after shadow guy ,to see my Dad shot in the head.

        I almost cried but they weren't tears of mourn. (Not that theres anything wrong with my ......)  While I was thinking about this he had picked me up and slung me over his shoulders, like I was a garbage bag. He threw me on the floor next to my dad. I studied the tall figure he looked Mexican. Half my family is Mexican but he didn't look like anyone I knew.

        After a few minutes of staring at me and pointing the gun at my head he threw his arms in the air and said something I didn't hear. Then he asked me where I was hiding it. Did my Dad say something about me having it ,to get him off the hook. It didnt work. I didnt say anything.Then he went all ballistic and shot up the stove and the wall.  I wanted to ask him why but that would have only made him more angry. So I stood up slowly, backed up a little bit ,while he was going crazy and bolted for the damn door!