Epilogue: Happy Life

3 years later

Ash Ketchum has now retired from the military and went back to travelling regions, this time with his girlfriend Serena. He no longer has his beard from the war and now is with the girl of his dreams. The two have travelled through the Alola Region, Royalvale Region and many more until he came back to Kalos to face the league again. This time, he won and is now Champion of Kalos after beating Diantha. He and Serena now reside in Vanville Town, the hometown of Kalos Queen Serena.

Clemont is back in his gym after retiring from the military to do his duties as a gym leader. He is still inventing things and has made a company called Clemontic Gears which is making hardware and software utilities. Since he doesn't have that much time to do his gym leader duties sometimes, his sister Bonnie is there to replace him when he can't come.

Drake is still in the military since Field Marshal Alan Gettsworth needed him for his sniping skills. He's been defending Kanto for a long time now and is now promoted to General and is leading the army. Thanks to his defence tactics, Kanto is being protected by their soon to be Field Marshal.

Andrew left the army as well to go back to his science career and earned a PhD in physics and chemistry. Now working at his lab in Royalvale, he researches a lot about Pokémon abilities and many more throughout the world. He and Ash keep in touch a lot and visits sometimes whenever he needs helps time from time. Andrew also became a teacher in Pokémon abilities in Landen Academy.

Jack quit the army to join the Marines with Barry. He wanted to do a job that required less tough work and is less dangerous. As a Marine, he gets to travel around more often and helps out Andrew sometimes in his research. He was the only one who kept his beard since he liked it so much, it made him look more "masculine" in his words.

Vanville Town

"You got everything ready?" Ash asked.

"Everything is well prepared and ready to go" Andrew answered.

Andrew left and Ash waited for a while until Serena came. The two were having a picnic and Ash really wanted to make this day special for her. As the two were eating some food, he thought it was the right time to start so he signalled Andrew to get ready.

"Serena, I'd like to show you something" Ash said standing up.

"What is it?" Serena asked while standing up.

"Look up into the sky" Ash replied.

She looked up into the sky and Andrew set off the fireworks creating a show for her. Serena felt happy that Ash did that for her but what stood out the most were the letters that started appearing. When all the letters were shown, it read "Will you marry me?" As soon as she saw this, Serena turned to see Ash on one knee holding an engagement ring.

"Serena, will you marry me?" Ash asked.

"Yes, I will marry you" Serena answered in tears.

Ash stood up and put the ring on Serena's finger. This was the happiest day of their lives. The two went into a passionate kiss and Andrew was praising them from a distance. This was their dream, to be together forever.

A few months later

It was now Ash and Serena's wedding and their many friends were there. Andrew, Drake, Jack, Clemont, Bonnie, Dawn, Barry and many more were invited to the wedding. As the ceremony went on, Professor Oak, who was being the preacher, started speaking.

"Do you, Ash Ketchum, take Serena as your lawfully wedded wife?" Oak asked.

"I do, forever until I die" Ash answered.

"And do you, Serena Yvonne, take Ash as your lawfully wedded husband" Oak asked.

"I do, for as long as I can live" Serena answered.

"By the power invested in me by Kanto, I pronounce you man and wife" Oak exclaimed, "You may now kiss the bride"

Ash and Serena went into a passionate kiss and everyone in the room was celebrating. It was a wonderful day for the two and they couldn't be happier than they are now.

16 years later

"Dad, when will Ashley and Cedric come back?" A little girl asked. This girl was wearing a pink sundress that stopped at her knees and wore pink shoes. Her hair was honey-blonde and her eyes were chocolate-brown.

"It's been a while since we've seen them" An older boy added. This boy was wearing a red cap and blue jacket on with a black shirt, jeans and green sneakers. His hair was raven-black and his eyes were a sapphire blue. He also had z-marks on his cheeks.

"They'll come soon kids" Ash informed.

Ash and Serena have been married for a long time now and they've had 4 children. They first had twins named Cedric and Ashley with Cedric being the oldest out of the two. Then they had a third child who was a boy and they named him Arthur. Their last child was a girl whom they named Sarah who is the youngest out of the bunch.

Ages:

Ash-40

Serena-39

Cedric-16

Ashley-16

Arthur-12

Sarah-8

Cedric has always wanted to join the army like his father did and become a champion of a region as well. He idolised his father a lot and have a healthy relationship with him. Ashley on the other hand looks up to her mother and wants to perform in front of a crowd. Arthur had the same dream like Cedric while Sarah had the same dream like Ashley. They heard a car park in front of their house and they walked out to see Andrew.

Andrew opened his car door and let out a boy and a girl. The boy had messy honey-blonde hair and chocolate brown eyes. His attire consisted of a black hoodie over a navy shirt, camo trousers and sneakers and a Kanto military cap. The girl had short raven-black hair and sapphire eyes. She was wearing a purple dress that went down to her knees and a pink hat. She had a pink overhanging vest on and black riding boots too.

"I brought Cedric and Ashley here for you" Andrew exclaimed.

"Hi kids, how were you guys at Landen Academy?" Ash asked.

"It was amazing, and Andrew has taught me so much when it comes to Pokémon abilities" Cedric explained.

"I was taught performing by a former Kalos Queen Aria, she has helped me so much in learning how to perform" Ashley added.

"I'm glad Andrew allowed you guys to go to Landen Academy, it's such a great place to learn" Serena exclaimed.

While the children were playing around, Ash, Serena and Andrew were having a conversation.

"They weren't too much trouble, were they?" Serena asked.

"Not at all, Cedric always asked me about the military though and he really enjoyed it" Andrew replied.

"What did you tell him about?" Ash questioned.

"How we defended Kanto and how the two of you got together" Andrew answered.

"Well I hope he'll find someone just like Serena" Ash stated.

"Aw Ash" Serena exclaimed.

The two kissed thinking about the past and how happy they are now. With all the bad stuff put to the side, the two are now a happy couple.

And that does it for War Return governors. If you found that ending a bit confusing then I apologise for making you confused. Thank you all for reading this book and I'll see you next time. Cheerio everyone.