Ch. 11

It's 5:58pm.

"And I am not kidding you, the one bed had hydraulics, y'know, like on those cars that go -" Scott uses his hand to pantomime a car rising, falling, and bucking around while making robotic noises, nearly flinging a piece of sushi in the process. "Who the fuck thought it was a good idea to put that in a city full of drunk people? I didn't want to think about how many times it'd been puked on."

"Soooo," Mitch drawls. "A stripper pole in the shower and a hydraulic bed? Classy, Stephanie. Classy."

"Hey, don't forget that the stripper shower had a glass wall to the living room so everyone could see right in! I haven't even gotten to the in-room DJ booth thing yet, either. I still don't know what Esther was thinking when she booked that ridiculous suite." Scott grins. "It gave me some ideas though."

Mitch drops his chopsticks on the table with a clatter and throws his hands in the air. "Nope. Don't wanna hear it."

Scott tilts his head and looks at him, perplexed at the outburst. "But... I thought you said you were up for filming tonight."

"What?"

"It's Monday. Superfruit, remember?"

"Okay, but what does that have to do with your freaky hotel?" Mitch picks his chopsticks back up and aggressively pinches a piece of salmon.

"I - wait, what? I had an idea for the episode. What the hell are you talking about?" Maybe it's the hangover, but Scott is not following at all here.

Mitch blinks a few times before shoveling a few pieces of fish in his mouth. "Oh," he mumbles around the food. "Whattya thinkin'?"

It's got to be the hangover. None of what just happened makes sense. Scott rubs his temples, then runs a hand through his hair. "Um. Okay. So, yeah, I was thinking we could do some sort of freestyle rap challenge..."

---

It's 10:14pm and Scott is sitting on Mitch's bedroom floor, helping him sort through the astounding number of new garments he'd somehow managed to bring home.

"Oh, hey," Mitch said, carefully hanging a shirt on a hanger. "I meant to ask - are you doing your thing? Because I wasn't clear on that."

"You can fuck yourself. I spit mad flow." Scott knows he's going to regret having the rap challenge idea to begin with, let alone actually posting that trainwreck. If he's honest with himself, though, he's pretty fucking happy with how that shoot went - and, actually, how pretty much the whole day went.

It's been normal. It's almost how it's always been. It's been great.

Maybe Scömìche is back.

"So, I was thinking," Mitch says after a comfortable silence. "We should probably have a talk."