Ch. 3~Curses and Lovers

Jacob's POV

One week later.

__________________________

Lost to a shrimp like Carter.

That's how I felt.

Even though she excepted my invitation with a grin and 'Sure!' I saw the way she looks at him. Friends my butt.

I'm not a guy with a cold heart though. I've always liked Katie, but when Carter joined the school she looked right at him and...and I knew I had no chance.

I shuffle down the hallway half heartedly.

A couple girls waved to me and winked. I'm not a player. I ignore them.

Freshman in high school. Half way through the year. Couple weeks until Easter. Even though the holiday is a while away, the Easter ball was in one day. Or, half a day. Tonight.

I've got my suit. Blue tie, because I know Katie will get a blue dress. But it's a white suit. I've known Katie for long and she has already confirmed that she would be getting a blue/white dress.

I know what you're thinking. Is this like Prom or something? Or homecoming?

It's a tradition to welcome Freshman and they are using Easter as a reason to throw it.

So yeah. I have a million girls after me and I choose the one that will never be mine.

Carter's POV

Crap.

Ball tonight.

I rush around my room grabbing a smouldering black suit with a flame coloured tie.

Hey, I should live up to my last name, right?

Carter Sanjit Blaze.

My mother named me Carter after my father, who went to war and died before I was born.

Sanjit which means invincible.

Blaze because it's my mother's last name.

Between the grief of the loss of her husband and the pain of seeing him in the baby, my mother committed suicide when I was four.

I lived with my grandmother until she passed away when I was eight. She was sixty four.

Then I lived with my Aunt. Passed away. I was nine.

Uncle. I was thirteen. Now I live with the only relative other then my mother that wasn't on my dads side. My nacho.

I called nacho because she called me macho, I couldn't say m so I called her nacho.

Long story short, its the curse of my family. Anyone from my dad's side, the Taheae's, is cursed to die. And of course I had to be living with them when it happens.

I know what you're thinking, doesn't that mean me?

So yes.

Yes it does.

__________________________

Short Chappie-ter!

-BOTR