A Split Heart

Hiya everyone! So I've decided to upload another chapter because I was on a role. Also you guys have totally earned it. All I ask is that you inform me if something sounds out of place or like I've said something a thousand times and it's driving you Crazy! Cheers and please do enjoy!

________________________________________________________________________

Curled in a small ball I could feel arms wrapped around my waist. I yawned as I turned to face the culprit only to find Darius sound asleep beside me. After the rain shower we headed back to the hotel and spent the night playing rock paper scissor and eating popcorn by the fireplace. 

Darius kept cheating though. He would throw out scissors and then change his hand once he saw mine. I whined about it, but truthfully I really enjoyed spending time with him. Being free to like him and call him mine. 

As the night went on Darius was laying his head on a pillow on my lap by the fireplace. The carpet was warm beneath us and the air felt comfortable. He smiled up at me as I traced his jawline with my fingertip. I kissed his forehead and his eyes became serious. He stared at me so long I broke eye contact and tried to pull away. He reached up and clutched my face in his hands. He placed his lips under mine and I stopped breathing. 

"You make it so hard..." Darius said with closed eyes.

I pulled free from Darius and grabbed a free pillow from my side and playfully hit him on the head with it. He breathed out a sigh of frustration and began to laugh. I continued to hit him until he snatched the pillow from me and smacked my head with it. I squealed trying to dodge his swings.

 "Ahh okay Darius...enough!" I squealed.

Dariusdropped the pillow and made his way around me and laid back down. I turned to look back at him. He smirked and I tried to make a run for it. Who knows what he was thinking. He grabbed my sides and  tickled me until I fell by his side. 

"Okay okay!" I giggled, "time to let go. I'm ready to sleep."

"Hmm no...I want to sleep with you in my arms tonight." he whined.

I smiled quietly with my back to him. I covered my face with my hands attempting to silently scream in joy. Darius's laughter rumbled against my back.

"You're so obvious it's cute." He laughed more, "I always thought you were cute..." 

I stiffened at his honesty. 

"If you keep embarrassing me mister Darius Briggs I will have to go to my room." I stated trying not to blush.

Darius pulled me closer and wrapped a blanket over us. 

"Okay I'll be good." He whispered as I closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep.

I smiled remembering the other night and  patting  my hair down trying to push down the frizziness and reshape the overall mess it was. Darius yawned a little and then went stiff. I continued to quickly pat my hair and inch further away from him. I slowed my breathing like a ninja. 

 As I rolled away from him my long legs got caught in the blanket and tugged him toward me. He stretched his arms and looked around. When he saw me attempting to hide my hair and crawl away from him he sat up and crossed his arms amused. 

I tucked my legs under me and attempted to straighten out my white dress. I pulled the rest of the blankets from Darius and placed them over my head to hide my hair. 

"Good morning!" I chimed trying to ignore his blatent staring. 

"Lana, I've seen you asleep before." He chuckled.