2. The teasing continues

Chapter 2

I let out a sigh of relief as I stepped out of fourth class. Lunch hour, finally! 

"Arie!!" I hear a shrill feminine voice call out and turned to face Brook. 

"So how's your day been so far?" I asked. 

"Alright. Nothing too exciting. How's yours been?" she said with a smile.

"Exhausting! Coudnt wait for lunch hour!" I exclaimed.

"Your always so hungry! Its amazing you haven't gone obese yet!" Brook joked. 

"High metabolism" I lied. 

"Must be! Anyways I wont be gracing you with my presence in lunch since I have a little research work to do" she said with a sly smile. 

"Yeah right!" I retorted, knowing exactly the kind of research she needed to carry out.

"See ya!" she said as she turned and walked away. 

I walked to an empty table in cafeteria. I didnt have many friends and had to keep it that way. Brook somehow pushed herself into my life. Despite my reluctance, she somehow became my best friend at the age of 5. Brook was everything I wasnt. She was confident, determined and certain while I was shy, timid and couldn't ever voice my thoughts. Over the years our personalities have rubbed on each other. 

"Hey!" a voice broke into my thoughts. I looked up to see blondie. 

"Oh hello" I replied a bit hesitant. I could see a few girls looking our way I didnt like the attention. 

"So how's your day been?" he said pulling out a chair beside me and sitting down. A few more glances our way. Oh man!!! not good! 

"You should really ask before sitting at someone's table?!" I replied with a question. 

"Oh my bad, were you having a highly confidential conversation with your imaginary friends?" he asked with a smile he was miserably attempting to hide.         

"Oh my God, your so funny! I almost died laughing!"  I replied sarcastically.

"Died laughing? Not sure I'd want to do something like that to you" he replies casually. 

"Do you always flirt this darn much?" I asked trying to avoid the creeping blush

"No surprisingly, I happen to act like this only around you" he replied thoughtfully. 

"So I'm the only one subjected to your torture?" 

"Torture? Your blush suggests otherwise!" he replies with a endearing crooked smile. 

"Its cold" I say defensively. 

"In June?" he asks with a smirk. A smug expression on his face. God, what I'd give to punch it off his pretty face!

"Yes in June! Is it against the law to feel cold in June?" I ask as I cross my legs. 

"Its unusual, that's all. A more usual explanation would be compliments from a hihgly attractive guy next to you" he says with a glint in his eyes. 

"Highly attractive? ha! you sit there and fantasize, pretty face!" I say with a laugh. His face falls but soon recovers. 

"Yeah I'd fantasize alright, just not about the things your suggesting!" he replies with a smirk. I feel my cheeks heating. Damn you treacherous cheeks!!

"I have class, pretty faced perv!" I reply.

"I could do without the pretty face, you know?!" he says with a hint of irritation. I smile mischievously.

"I think pretty face defines you accurately. It could very well be your middle name" I reply

"Just the way sexy little thing defines you?" he asks with a raised eyebrow and I can bet on all living that he did it to make me go red! 

"I think Little definitely doesn't define me!" I reply fiercely. 

"Right but you do think sexy thing defines you? hmm... alright sexy thing?!" he asks with an eyebrow raised! The nerve of this man!! 

"Do not dare calling me that in public!" I say with a horrified expression. 

"Not even a day we met and your already expecting private meetings?" he said with a shake of his head and fake disappointment.

"I did not mean that and you know it!" I reply in anger!

"Sure sure" he replies.

"Whatever pretty face!" I retort.

"You know I am beginning to think 'pretty face' is actually your lame way of flirting" he playfully wiggles her eyebrow at me.

"Pretty faced guys are not in my preference list" I say with a certain smile.

"Really now? So what is in your preference list? What are the requirements for applicants?" he  asks trying to keep a straight face. 

"I like rugged men. I repeat men. Not pretty faces" I reply with a smile.

He looks taken a back for some time.

"Men huh? A little too biased on physical enhancements now arent you?" he says with a smile.

"I... I didnt mean th... that!" I say as I get his meaning! Oh God... this is embarrassing! I was talking about maturity not... that! The bell rings! Saved. By. The. Bell. I get up and leave.

"Hope to see you soon, sexy thing" he says from behind me. I pretend to not hear him but nevertheless, my heart hammers like its having a epileptic seizure of some sort. I hate my heart. 

I wont look back. I wont. I just wont. 

But I do. And he stood there flashing me a brilliant smile.