Chapter 9 - We Don't Wunna Be Like This

In the morning, Zayn's house was filled with extended family who would be staying over for Christmas which, of course, was tomorrow.

             Niall was dressed in a nice pair of clothes Patricia bought him and the whole family was giving him strange looks. He avoided them at every turn, offend hiding in the bathroom or up in his and Zayn's room. Zayn's dad explained that Niall was a friend of Zayn's that they had taken in, but the family was a little weary about the off boy.

             Niall was scared around all the people but Zayn ensured him that he would be okay. That they where kind and friendly and wouldn't do anything to get him.

             The family had a big dinner together, kids running all around Niall and Niall almost tripping over them. He was nervous, afraid he'd mess up, scared he'd do something wrong and someone would get mad at him. He didn't war to give this life up when he just got it. He was just begging to like living there, sleeping in Zayn's big warm bed.

             After dinner, everyone opened a gift. It was a tradition in Zayn's family but Niall had never really received a Christmas gift, and today would be a first for him. He was handed a gift by Zayn's sister, Safaa, and he smiled thankfully at her. When it was time to open them, Niall nearly tore into it. It was a new pair of shoes, white vans and to Niall, it was the most amazing gift in the world.

             After everything was settled, Patricia looked at Niall with a smile. "How do you like your gift, Niall?" He asked and all eyes where on him. "I uhm...I've never had a Christmas present before so this is...Thank you," he blushed. All was silant and Niall felt out casted and a little embarrassed.

             Zayn tried to comfort him but a small burst of later came from one of the children and he ran up the stairs, shoes left behind, in a fit of cries. He plopped down on the bed and curled into Zayn's pillow who was hot on his trail.

             He closed the door behind them and sat next to Niall who was sobbing. "Niall...I'm sorry, they just...they don't understand, okay?" He rubbed his back but Niall moved away from the hand. He got up and rubbed his eyes, a hiccup tearing through him.

             "No! It's not fair! No one understands what it's like to be me, Zayn!" Niall screamed at him. His eyes where red and his puffy, his nostrils flaring and for some reason Zayn wanted to draw him.

             "Niall, it's not like th-" Niall interrupted with a small scream. "Shut up! It is like that! Your whole family doesn't want me around because I'm not up class enough! Because I'm from the streets and I've never had anything in my life and that is not fair!"

             Zayn made a grouchy noise at him and crossed his arms. "Well maybe if you gave them a chance, you could see they don't think like that!" He hissed and Niall fumed at him.

             "Me give them a chance?!" He yelled, getting up from the bed, standing with his hands in fists at his sides. 

             "They are the ones making fun of me! They look at me like I'm dirt! I can take that from people on the street but not your family, Zayn!" His face was red and his eyes were beautiful blue from crying and a little bloodshot.

             "They aren't looking down on you! You just see it that way because that's all you ever want t see in people! Give them a chance, not everyone is out to fucking hurt you all the time, Niall! God damn. Loosen up!" He stood too, brow scrunched together.

             Niall backed away, like a shy dog but turned back with a angry bite of his lip. He was starting to cry again. "I hate you!" He screamed, as loud as he could get before he was breaking down all together.

             Zayn didn't know what to say, couldn't say anything. What do you tell someone who's shoes you've never walked in? Zayn's had a normal, easy life. He doesn't know what it's like to be Niall. He couldn't begin to imagine. Niall said he hated him, and Zayn knew it wasn't true. Niall hated that life was so cruel.

             He was quick to grab Niall and pull him close, Niall's head going right for his neck where he cried, belting out loudly till he could hardly breath.

             The blonde tired out quickly and Zayn got him to sleep, curled into their bedding before he headed back down stairs. His hair was messy and his cheeks stained from crying but he was beautiful.

             Everyone was at the bottom of the stairs and probably having heard all the yelling when he finally emerged from the room. Zayn sighed at them and ran a hand through his hair. "He just needs some time. He'll come around," he told him but he didn't know if he was telling them the truth. Niall was hard headed, unforgiving and not very forgetful. He hoped tomorrow would be different.

             An hour later and everyone was ready for bed, hogging the bathroom to brush their teeth and Patricia was doing the dishes in the kitchen.

             Zayn used the moment to have a conversation with his mother, wanting to clear the air with her once and for all.

             "Mum?" He hummed, hands stuffed in his pajama pant pockets. He hated awkward moments like these. It was when he felt he didn't fit in most of all. "Can I talk to you?"

             Tricia nodded to her son and dried off her hands.

             Zayn sighed and ran his hand along the countertop, avoiding the woman's line of sight, wishing he was three inches tall. "Are you going to make Niall leave?" He asked her, making eye contact for a few seconds before looking away. 

             It was a problem he'd been worrying about all night long. Well, since Niall came home with him, really. He was being silly, he knew that much, his parents wouldn't do that logically but his heart wasn't for sure.

             His mum sighed and placed a hand on her sons shoulder, rubbing it before dropping her her hand to her upper hip. "Niall is apart of this family now, okay? He always will be." 

             Zayn smiled at her but nerves still welled inside him. "Mum I think I'm in love with him."

             Patricia paused, looking down before peaking up. "Then...I can't stop you from that. Your my son, I love you no matter what you choose, you understand?" He licked his lips and smiled at her.

             "Mum, god thank you." He pulled her into a tight hug, bone crushing almost, and he wanted to cry.

             Later when he got to bed, Niall was still asleep and he smiled at the sight. He crawled into the bed, sheets sticking to his skin and wrapped an arm around his lover, tonight he had to do without his kisses, but having Niall in his arms was more than enough.

~*~

Yeah so...that really sucked haha. So you guys know I'm writing everything in my phone so I don't know if any of ot is long enough or if the spelling is any good so sorry! Enjoy guys! I might add more to it, so you know.-PandaBear<3