You Don't Have To Be So Loud

So Ashton and I get in my truck and I start driving, "Why won't you tell them?" Ashton asks me and I scoff and roll my eyes.

"Because I don't want too," I huff back at her. She scoffs and rolls her eyes.

"Whatever. You need too." If she doesn't drop this; I'm getting annoyed.

"Look, it's not your problem so just leave it alone!" I slightly raise my voice because I know she'll leave it alone.

As she looks out the window we pull into the school parking lot. I park near the middle of the parking lot this time. I get out and walk to the school doors. I walk inside just like any other day and I ignore everything Carley and anyone else says. I just walk past everyone to go to my locker and as I pass Carley, she trips me and someone pushes me so I practically go flying to the ground. Im getting so tired of this. And once again, I get up before Ashton sees any of this and I continue to my locker.

Ashton comes up and taps me on my shoulder and I turn and look at her. "What?" I roll my eyes.

"Let me know if you need anything. I mean it," she gives me her very serious look and I can't help but laugh and she rolls her eyes.

"Yeah. Okaaayy," I scoff and roll my eyes now. And she walks off. I grab my books, close my locker and turn around and walk to first period. I sit in my seat and read my book until the teacher comes in and calls roll.

"Hey. Im J.T. are you new here?" I hear a voice from behind me. I turn and look at him. I turn around and roll my eyes.

"Remie?" The teacher calls my name.

"Here!" I yell back. And go back to reading my book for about ten minutes before the lesson is started.

"Hey, why did you ignore me?" He pokes my shoulder and I roll my eyes and scoff.

The boy sitting in front of me turns around, "Hey," he whispers. I have my pencil in my right hand and I'm holding some of my hair with my left hand, leaning my head on it as I slowly look up, "I'm Parker. Is he annoying you? He can be really annoying and he's the school's bad boy," he tells me. I roll my eyes at him as well before returning to my work. I swear all these people. I'm only here for the school work and to do good and get good grades so I can go to college. And all these people are wanting to bother the mess out of me. Im deciding between a lawyer and a nurse. The bell rings and I jump a little.

I walk out of the classroom and Ashton walks up next to me and we walk to my locker. We walk past Carley and everyone else. They don't mess with me and I'm assuming it's because I'm walking with Ashton. Which in all honesty I could care less other than the fact that Ashton would probably fight someone and get suspended then her parents would raise questions and I can't take that chance.

"So.." Ashton trails off and I'm trying to figure out what she's thinking but I can't.

"What?" I question her.

"You wanna go out to eat tonight?" She asks me. I give her a weird look and laugh like 'what??'

I giggle,"Excuse me, what?"

"Do you want to go out to eat tonight?" She smiles at me. Why do I feel like she's up to something?

"Ummm... sure? But why?" I question her once again because I'm so confused.

"Because I thought we could get out of the house for a while," she explains.

"Uhm yeah sure. Why not?" I fake smile at her. I put my books in my locker and get my other books before going to second period. It goes by pretty quickly. I go back to my locker and put my books up before my head is shoved into my locker and someone slams the door on my head. Ow! What the heck!? I have an immediate headache. I hear high heels click off down the highway with laughter. I close my locker and start walking but everything is just so blurry and my knees are weak. And then.. everything goes black.

--muffled voices-- "OH MY GOD! REMIE! Are you okay?" I hear shouting and I think it's Ashton but I'm not sure,"REMIE!!" I open my eyes just barely and squint. I prop myself up on my elbow and put my palm on my forehead.

"What the heck!!?? What happened?" It sounds like Ashton is yelling right in my ear.

"You don't have to be so loud," I'm sure I whisper but it doesn't sound like it and I sit up and look around and my vision clears. "What?" I ask Ashton annoyed.

"Are you okay?" She asks me helping me up.

"Yeah, I mean, I think so. I will be," I answer.

"What happened?"

"I don't know. I mean, I don't remember," because I really can't.  We walk to third period together and sit in our normal seats and my headache goes away. Thankfully. The teacher talks and talks until the bell rings. I get up and walk out and walk to the lunch room. Ashton walks beside me talking to me but I ignore her and tune her out as I think about I don't even know what.

As we near the lunch room I walk in and go sit at our table. Just like any other day I read as I wait on her to come out of the lunch line. "Hey!" Megan. I totally forgot man I feel bad. She sits next to me.

"Hey," I fake smile at her and go back to my book. No sooner than I do that, Ashton sits down and the two of them start talking.

"Hey!" I hear another voice. Who the heck is it now!? I look up and see a guy, Parker, from first period. I look back down at my book and read hoping for no more interruptions.

"What do you want?" Megan asks him like she's annoyed.

"I just wanted to say hey to Remie," he responds to Megan. Do they know each other?

"Im sorry, do y'all know eachother?" It's like Ashton read my mind I chuckle and smile at her even though she's looking at him.

"He's my cousin. He's just leaving, right?" Megan says and looks at him.

"Fine. I'll catch ya later," he says to me smiling and winks at me right before walking away. I roll my eyes and scoff.

"Why don't you ever eat?" Megan looks at me.

"Oh, I don't know. I'm just never hungry at lunch time I guess," I tell her even though it's a complete lie.

Ashton looks at me,"or dinner and breakfast either," she mumbles under her breath. I give her a stern look like 'shut up and leave it alone.' She rolls her eyes and I get up and walk out of the cafeteria not minding all the looks and whispers going on around me.

"Remie!-- Crap!!" She huffs and puffs and runs after me. I walk out of the school and go to my truck. She texts me asking where I went. Good. She doesn't know where I went after I left the lunch room. She continues to text me and call me but I turn my phone off. I don't know what to do.. but then a thought that I like suddenly comes to mind. And a smirk crosses my face, and with that thought, I leave the school.