;;Part 7

I made it to the meeting on time, all thanks to Blake. 

            And I'm glad to say that the meeting went great. Everyone who was willing to make this project possible was there, both the producers, my screenwriter helper Stephan Bergstrom, and the wonderful Mary Prescott. Not gunna lie, they were all pretty intimidating, especially the Executive producer Tom West. We were all here on his time, so I considered myself lucky to have him make time for me and what I created. After all, these were the people that were looking to make my screenplay into a full on movie. This was truly an honor.

            Tom West was a tall man who looked really young to be a big time movie producer. When I walked into the room where the meeting was held, I was glad to see that he was only wearing a nice buttoned up long sleeve, with dress pants. I was surprised to see that I wasn't the only only one casually dressed. As soon as I arrived, Mary stood up and hugged me -- rather than give me a handshake like other professional's do. I hesitated to hug back at first, but she was cool. How could I not hug her back?

              It was actually my first time seeing her in person. She had short strawberry blonde hair and light blue eyes. She was extremely pretty -- and young too. At least, she looked young. What the hell? I thought. Everyone here must shower in the fountain of youth or something, because as I looked around the room, the other producer and Mr. Bergstrom didn't look any older than 27. 

          "Glad you could make it!" Mary said as she released me from her hug. "We can't wait to discuss." I took a seat right next to her at the huge oval table after shaking hands with everyone, and sunk straight into the cushioned chair. 

            "I'm really honored to be here," I smiled while trying to get situated in the seat. "This is a big opportunity, and I'm thankful to have it."

            "We're glad to have you," said Mr. West. "And we want to make this experience the best you've ever had. So we're letting you have full say in all of our creative actions. After all," he smiled, "It is your movie."

            My heart skipped as soon as he said that. I came to the realization that, wow... this really is my movie. But these were the people who were willing to help me and help make this movie come to life. If I weren't excited 20 minutes ago, then I was damn sure excited then. I didn't know how to reply to that. All I could  do was smile.

            "And might I add something?" Said Stephan Bergstrom, pushing up his glasses. "You're an extraordinary writer. This story, this concept -- it's way too good to be passed up. I'm just upset that we hadn't come across it sooner."

            Wow. They all really, really like my screenplay... I wasn't expecting this much flattery. But It all boosted my confidence. They were all on board to make this happen, and I had faith that everything they'll do  to make it happen, is gonna turn out right. 

            We spent the next two hours just talking about further planning, and laying down the steps that had to be taken. First thing first, we had to find a great director. One who has experience with working with this type of movie genre, and one who would be passionate about taking the job. Tom West really enjoys having passionate people to work with. He says, "it makes the time worth while, when working with people who feel just as strongly about it as you do." He said, it should be like a team. Or like a big huge family.

          I immediately thought of the Clippers as soon as he said that. I smiled to show that I really liked that mentality, but my mind moved onto something else. I started thinking about Blake. But mostly about how I'll be missing his-

            Wait a minute. Rewind that. This meeting was supposed to be at 7 tonight, meaning that if it had been, I'd be missing Blake's game. Now that it's been moved, I can go! I smiled again without meaning to as Tom pulled out his top 5 director picks. I tried to pay attention, but I kept wondering when this meeting was going to be over. The sooner it ended, the sooner I'll be able to let Blake know. That was just about the only thing on my mind until Mary started talking about plans for this evening and for the entire week.

           "This evening, you and Stephan should meet here at the school to talk more about your work." She looked at Stephan and smiled. "I know you wanted to share some insight with her about it."

            "Yes, that's true," he said, clasping his hands and leaning forward. "You see, although your screenplay is fantastic, there is still a few things that I've revised, just so that it's presentable for film."

            I couldn't disagree with that. I had no idea that my screenplay would actually make it this far, so a few errors found on it isn't that surprising to me. But still... "What time this evening?" I asked, hoping not to hear--

            "--Around 7 o'clock or so. If that's okay with you. As soon as we wrap up here, I have to go to a seminar at UC Berkeley, but I'll be back before then. Are you available then?"

            There was no way in hell that I could tell him no. Because going to a NBA game instead didn't sound professional at all. Saying that I'm going to a NBA game to watch my BF and his team play instead, REALLY didn't sound professional at all.

            Then it dawned on me... did they know about him and I? I mean, this is LA, gossip and rumor capital city of the world. When those pictures were posted of Blake and I on TV last summer, I'm sure everyone in this room saw them. If my parents and students at Marquette saw it, then of course they did, too. But as another sign of how real and professional this deal is, none of them, not even the chipper young Mary Prescott, didn't say a word about my relationship. 

            "Of course, I'm available," I told him. "I'd be happy to come back in and go over the revisions. I'm eager to see the changes." 

            "They're more like pointers and simple fixes rather than changes," he said. "Everything else will be completely untouched. I'd also like to go a little further into the piece, get your background on it. How you got inspired, a little bit of behind-the-scenes of the story."

            "Yeah," I smiled, once again. "I'd be happy to share all of that with you."

            Mary laid out my schedule for the next few weeks, and I hastily added all of the information on my phone. Meeting tonight, and on Friday is when we're going to pick the director. After that, the following Monday we would all come together again to meet our casting director, Carolyn Johnson, who Tom West will give an A OK to proceed with a casting call. Unless we can get some big name stars to audition, we'll have to pick some new faces, which I wasn't against at all. I get a say in who I want  casted as well, so I'll be assisting Mrs. Johnson on her search. 

            The following weeks after that will be determined after we've gotten in touch with our director. By then, I would be spending most of my time with the casting director, looking for the best actors for the film. I had to remember everything that I was told today, 'cause I knew as soon as I left, I'd tell Blake all about it.

            And that's exactly what I did. The meeting ended at 1, and rather getting Blake to come get me from wherever he was, I just contacted Jonathan to pick me. Mary wouldn't let me walk the two blocks to the apartment, and I'm beginning to wonder why...

           But once I got back to my place, I headed straight to my room and throw myself onto the bed and laid there until I found the strength to grab my phone out of my pocket. I didn't realize how tired I was until I laid down. Rather than call, I sent him a text.

          "Hey babe. I just wanna wish you the best of luck at your game tonight. I won't be able to make it... Duty calls. But call me whenever you're not busy before your game. But I'm gunna take a nap until then lol. Ttyl. love you<3"