Chapter 1: Josh is also an idiot

Tyler is an idiot, but so is Josh.

Josh knew that ever since meeting Tyler, back when they were kids, it was going to be irresistible to be apart from him. Honestly, they did everything together. It was no wonder that Josh fell in love with him. Everything about Tyler intrigued Josh more; his laugh, his eyes, his body that covers meaningful tattoos around his chest and arms. It was just all too much to take in.

I mean it wasn't like it took him, twenty one years, four months, three weeks and two days to finally come clean. Especially those two uneventful days that consisted of regret and hurt in those dreadful tears. To say the least,

Josh was a mess.

He knew those three words were going to come out of his mouth one way or another. He just didn't know when or how. Josh wasn't even thinking about telling Tyler that he loved him, not until it was the right time. He wanted it to be just him and Tyler, no one else. But one thing kept him from doing so, a relationship. A certain relationship Tyler had with none other than,

Jenna. Jenna Black.

A petite blonde beauty. Was the captain of the cheerleader squad. Beloved by teachers, adored by peers, she was the girl everyone liked during high school. She was the catch that no boy could trap, well, except for Tyler that is. God, he couldn't hate Jenna even if he tried. She was the whole deal, she made Tyler happy when he felt sad, laugh til he had tears running down his face. No he didn't hate her nor be a bit jealous of her. I mean sure, she got to hold Tyler's hand everyday,  got to hug him whenever he wanted it, got to make him feel better whenever  he felt sad, and even got to kiss him-Yeah okay, maybe he was a bit jealous of her.

It wasn't his idea of falling in love with his best friend. And it also wasn't his idea of blurting it out in a rage of emotions. But it happened. He blurted it out to Tyler and Tyler was never ready for it. He told Josh it wasn't going to happen, he was in love with Jenna, he even was going to propose during dinner with his friends and family in a couple of days. He begged Josh to understand, set his feeling aside to just being his best friend and be happy for him.

Happy.

Of course, Josh would do anything to make Tyler happy. Even if it was to being only his best friend and nothing more. So Josh agreed, managed to put a smile on his face and congratulate Tyler on finally proposing after 5 years of dating. Tyler thanked him and hugged him, explaining that he was truly grateful to have a good friend like him.

Friend

All he'll ever be now, thought Josh. Soon after talking for a bit longer, Josh left. Went to his home to cry his eyes out and leave Tyler at his house thinking about what just happened. This was it for Josh, he's just gonna be depressed until that big announcement during dinner in a couple of days. Oh well.

***

Dinner.

Oh how great it was for Josh to finally manage to get up from his warm, sweet bed to a dinner reservation in just 15 minutes? Not so great for him at all. He managed to present himself nicely, according to the occasion. A heartbreaking occasions. He greeted everyone with smiles and hugs, complimenting each other nicely. He sat down next to Abby, thinking it was his safest spot to be as far away from Tyler that evening. He tried his best to not be nervous when he saw Tyler walking in with Jenna. Josh instantly saw how Tyler looked out of it, not even himself. But maybe it was just Tyler being nervous. After all, Tyler was going to propose to Jenna that evening. Once he saw that Jenna and Tyler greeted everyone, they sat down. Tyler was looking for Josh, he can feel Tyler's eyes on him. But Josh looked away and laughed at a joke Abby had just told, it wasn't funny nor he didn't know what that joke was, but he laughed anyways. He didn't want to see Tyler. However, his luck ran out in just short 2 minutes, Tyler sat in front for him.

Great.

He had to pretend to not see Tyler. For crying out loud, he was sitting right in front of him! He can't be unnoticed! After a while of being at dinner, he felt Tyler stand up from his chair almost quickly. That immediately got his attention. He could see that it also got everyone's attention by their confused faces. He saw Jenna touch his had and muttered a "What is it Tyler, you okay?" Tyler shook his head and looked at Josh.

Oh no.

Josh knew where this was going. His heart couldn't bare anymore pain. Not from Tyler. Except, he didn't expect what came out of Tyler's mouth at that moment.

"I'm in love with Josh"

Oh shit. Josh couldn't believe his ears. Was this a dream? God, why would you make Tyler realize this now?

Josh didn't even know what to say. He saw Jenna rush out of the restaurant crying. The only thing he could have done is excuse himself and leave. He couldn't be happy about it here, not after Tyler has just him just a few days earlier. So josh did what he thought was the right thing to do. Leave. Tyler had to fix this. This might even be his last chance of ever being with Tyler at all. At this point, Josh is stupid for falling in love with Tyler in the first place. Tyler is an idiot from confessing his love for Josh in front of Jenna and all their families, but Josh was also an idiot for ever telling Tyler he loved him and was still there for him at this dinner reservation that Tyler planned on proposing to Jenna. But instead, did the most idiotic thing he could have ever done.

So Tyler is an idiot, but so is Josh.