The Past

3 weeks earlier

"Are you ever going to tell him?"

Good question, thought Josh. It was bound to happen that Debby will ask him again and again once finding out about his secret crush. Sure, it was nice to have someone caring about him and his feelings, but it's really getting annoying when someone asks you 45 times in three days tops that exact question. Josh replies with the same answer each time though, no.

"Now why would I want to jeopardize all that we have as friends for some stupid cush I have on him?" Because you just don't have a crush on him, you love him. Shut it conscious.

"Josh, please, I know it's not just some crush. Tyler is your best friend. You guys practically grew up with each other. It isn't like  he doesn't feel the same way about you."

Josh chugged the last of his red bull before looking at Debby. "Cmon Debby, I'll find the right time to tell him okay?" Lies. He'll never tell Tyler about his true feelings. He'd rather lose his ability to play the drums than to tell Tyler the truth. Okay, maybe that's a little too extreme, Josh loves his drums way  too much. But Josh doesn't know what to do! The last time he's tried telling Tyler, Brendon came in making out with Sarah causing Tyler to leave before he said anything. Stupid Brendon. It was perfect too, Tyler was so close to him, close enough that he could smell his vanilla scented shampoo. His eyes would travel from his eyes to his lips so quickly that someone else would have missed it, but oh not Josh. Josh see's everything. It was his moment to take his chance. He remembers himself letting out a breath causing Tyler to look at his lips again, making his heart stop, it was all too much for him.

Just go for it, damn it, he remembers thinking.

"Tyler, I-"

Just then he heard Tyler mutter an "Oh shit-", making him turn around as soon as he heard the door being opened ever so loudly. He saw the back of Brendon's back being roughly clasped on by a pair of tiny hands, Sarah. The sound of teeth hitting teeth waved through the living room very loud. Loud enough to make Tyler uncomfortable, "I'm gonna go, I'll see you tomorrow Josh. Don't forget, we got work to do."

"Right. I'll see you then." I love you.....

Josh was hit in the arm by Debby, "Josh? Where'd you go? I was talking to you about work and you weren't listening. I thought-" She smirked, "were you thinking about Tyler?"

Josh turned a light shade of pink, "No" yes. Josh rushed out of the living room as soon as he heard his "x-files" themed song go off. Thank god for the phone call, he didn't want to admit to Debby about daydreaming about Tyler.

"Yes, hello?" He answered. "Oh Tyler hey, uh no I'm just here with Debby, we're uh talking and catching up. No yeah, she's about to leave soon. Dude totally, of course you can come over. Okay, yeah I'll see you then. Awesome bye." Josh smiled at the end of the conversation. Tyler wants to hang out, finally, since him and Jenna kept going on cute dates, he hasn't had a chance to hang out with just him. Maybe he will finally get a chance to come clean, if Jenna isn't home that is. He's got to tell Debby to leave before Tyler arrives because he knows she'll blurt out his secret to him in no time.

Josh walked back into the living room, "Debby, you know I love you, but you gotta go. Tyler's coming soon and I know how you are, please don't ruins anything for me. We haven't hung out in a while, all Jenna's fault really, but this is my chance to be with him alone and i want to cherish this moment because I don't know when another time will come and-"

Debby laughed uncontrollably causing Josh to stop mid sentence. "What's so funny?"

"Joshy, you sound like a girl who is hanging out with her crush for the first time."

Josh pointed his finger at her accusingly, "Hey, I do not." This action made her laugh even more "Now you're in denial. Cmon, just admit it and then I'll leave."

I mean Josh didn't really want Debby to be here when Tyler came or else he'll never live it down, "Fine I'm just nervous okay??? It's been a while and I can't really hide my feelings anymore, they're getting too strong." Debby has never seen Josh so nervous before, not as nervous as he first came out to his family about him liking boys. And that's saying something.

"Josh, look at me okay? You're going to be hanging out with Tyler. It's just Tyler, you guys hanging out like old times. Think of it that way." Debby tried soothing Josh as much as possible before Tyler came. She didn't want Tyler to come knocking with Josh having a panic attack. "Okay Josh? Breath for me baby." Josh shook his head in understanding and took big breaths. "That's it, Joshy. I'm going to leave now? Before Tyler comes, just as promised okay? Ya big baby," she joked, trying to make things a bit easier for Josh. Josh huffed out a laugh. It worked.

"Thanks" Josh said, once calming down. "For everything."

"Well, what are friends for? Sleeping on your couch and eating all your food? No way." Josh smiled, "I'll talk to you later yeah?"

Debby grabbed her purse before heading towards the door. "Well no duh! You better spill everything mister" Josh opened the door for her, "well what are friends for? To just have them for company and not talking about gossip? Please." Josh joked, Debby smiled, "Alright, call me whenever Josh. My phone is just a dial away." Josh said his last goodbye before closing the door.

As he leaned against the door, he realized something. He definitely needed some guy to guy bonding time asap. He is starting to sound like a teen girl. Oh God help him.

-*-*-

"What are you going to be doing while I'm gone for the day?" Jenna asked, as she finished putting the last of her makeup, as if she really needed it, thought Tyler.

Tyler, having his long time girlfriend leaving for the day was strangely odd. They were inseparable since junior year of high school. I mean sure he'd hung out with his old friends and Josh, but being away from Jenna felt weird.

Josh.

It's been a while hanging out with him. Maybe he should hang out with Josh today. I think it was about time, he didn't realize how much he'd miss Josh. He remembers, before Jenna, they'd do everything together. But now, he hasn't seen Josh since last month, they'd text here and there, but not physically hanging out.

Tyler got up from his bed, "I'm gonna hang out with Josh today" grabbing his phone from the drawer, he started scrolling to find Josh's number.

"Yeah that's good. Its been a while since you two hung out together." Yeah, it has been. You're such a bad friend, why would Josh still want to be friends with you after you ditched him for her.

Tyler got up from the bed, "I'm gonna go call Josh in the other room." He scurried away quickly leaving Jenna confused.

Stop it. Stop it. Stop it. Get out of my head. You haven't appeared since last week. Leave me alone.

I'm not leaving yet Tyler. I've just started. Wait til what I've got in store for you.

Tyler felt Blurryface leave his mind again. Blurryface hasn't made an appearance since he last talked to Josh. And that was last week. He needed to call Josh now.

He quickly founds Josh's number and clicked call, it rang twice before he answered, "Uh hey Josh. Yeah hi, you home alone? what are you doing right now? Oh cool cool, is it okay if I come over? To hang like old times? Alright see you in ten. Okay bye."

It was going to be a good day today.