Chapter 9

After Clay and I finished the dishes I went home because we both had practice in the morning. When I got home I called Ryane, since I haven't talked to her all day.

"Hey girl hey" she said excitedly. "Hey," I said "I had the greatest day ever!"

She gasped, "Did you and Clay do the do?" I laughed, I couldn't imagine Clay and I doing that. Not yet at least. "No!" I yelled through the phone. "Oh, well tell me what happened then" she demanded. I told her every last detail of my day with Clay. "Why didn't you stay the night" asked Ryane. "Cause we both have to wake up early in the morning," I said. "So, y'all could've got up early together!!!" She said.

"Why do you want me to sleep with him so bad" I asked. "So y'all can hurry up and make babies, I don't know!" said Ryane giggling. "Oh my gosh!" I laughed, "maybe in a few years."

"A few years?" she asked, "girl that needs to happen now!" I laughed at her statement and tried to think of the future of me and Clay. I tried to imagine when and if we had kids, what they would look like and what the names would be.

It was kind of awkward thinking about that. I couldn't picture Clay and I together in the future, because I wanted to see it happen for real. Ryane cut into my thoughts and asked, "how do you feel about him?"

"Um, I don't know," I stated trying to think."I mean he is like the sweetest guy I've ever met. He is so fun to be around. I think I..." my voice trailed off. Not sure if I wanted to say what I was going to say in front of Ryane. "You think you what?" I shook my head as if she could see me through the phone, "nothing"

"What were you gonna say, tell me!!" She pleaded. "I just, I don't know, I think I love him." I said shyly. I heard her gasp then squeal. "Oh my gosh! I knew it!" I laughed at her reaction, I wondered if he felt the same about me.

"Oh my gosh Ryane, it's that big of a deal" I said. "Yes it is, Clay loves you and you know it." I shrugged, "I don't know."

We ended our conversation, I tried not to think of Clay before I fell asleep but I couldn't help it. He was irresistible. "Maybe we are meant to be together" I thought as I drifted into a deep sleep.

That night I dreamt about me and Clay in the future. It was the most wonderful dream ever.