Family

"Where have you been?" [Name]'s mother angrily inquires. She's sitting on the couch, right next to her stepfather. It seems like they've been waiting for awhile.

"I've been out." [Name] vaguely replied, pushing past Vince and trudging upstairs loudly with Harvey and the book still in her hands.

"Come back here, young lady! We aren't done!" Her mother shouts from the bottom of the stairs.

"We've been done since dad went missing!" [Name] shouted before slamming her bedroom door shut.

[Name] placed the Vampiric book on her desk. She sat herself on her bed, letting out an angry sigh. She was so fed up with her family, even dealing with her father's whereabouts was stressing.

[Name] just wanted to get out or she'd lash out and lose it. She wasn't too against the idea either, especially when Vince and his dad were shitty.

But [Name] thought about her night with Marko and it felt better. The soft push rabbit in her hands was comforting, and it made it seem like Santa Carla wasn't all too bad.

She can hear an argument downstairs between her mother and stepfather, mostly over her actions. [Name] didn't care, and she hoped they would be gone soon.

Laying back down on her bed, sleep had finally consumed her. For the first time in awhile, [Name]'s night was dreamless.

It was a miserable morning, and [Name] bring herself to get up to get ready for school

It was a miserable morning, and [Name] bring herself to get up to get ready for school. It was too cold. Plus, she wasn't very fond of her peers.

It just seemed like high school was hard place to assimilate into, but at least it's her senior year. It wouldn't be too long until she's done, and maybe she'll get a job. [Name] will conjure up enough money to get out of the hellhole she calls home.

Nevertheless, [Name] found herself getting up, heading towards her newly organized closet. All the moving boxes are gone, probably to the recycles. This was it–Santa Carla was home–for now at least.

It never got too hot at Santa Carla, especially when the ocean and its looming fog managed to keep the city cold. It was usually more sunny, but today just seemed awfully grim.

[Name] managed to avoid her mother, who was completely lost on what to do with her. [Name] didn't care what happened in her house anymore. All she cared about was finding those damn vampires and her dad.

As she slipped on her jeans and a black long sleeved shirt, she glanced at her desk, which held the book. She hasn't read it yet, but planned to today. The backpack [Name] felt too light as she secured the straps on her shoulders, heading downstairs.

[Name] didn't bother with breakfast at home. She rather use her spare change than share the same table and meal with her family, so she just walked straight to school. It was convenient that she didn't live too far from the campus, making the walk less miserable on the chilly morning.