chapter 2

I continue to sit, breathing heavy in the protective room. I hear a woman scream whilst a gunshot fires, I try to hold back the tears.

'Shhhh...' Father hushed me. He puts his arms around me and mother.

I hear footsteps, unusually close, my body begins to shake, the thought of my dear family getting hurt paralyzed my thoughts; my body suddenly goes numb.

BANG!

The metal door that is protecting us jolts. I jump out of Fathers grasp and go to scream, Mother clamps her hand over my mouth.

BANG!

The door begins to unhinge, Mother keeps her eyes on me the whole time as Father begins to stand, I realise what he is doing, I go to move forward to pull Father back, but Mother keeps me hidden. There are tears in her eyes;

'Just remember, you're different, don't let anyone hurt you' My Mother begins to cry as she speaks.

They surely were not suggesting they were going to die?!

'Mother...' I choke as I can barely speak.

The doors bangs for the last time before the door comes down. Stood before are two men, one old and one young.

'There she is!' The younger one shouts.

Father steps in front of me and Mother, as the younger one moves forward he pulls out a gun, shooting Father in the chest.

'No!' I scream as I pull from Mother to catch my descending Father. I sob as he falls into my arms.

Mother then kneels in front of me.

The older man approaches her, I go to lean forward but the younger male grabs my arms, I scream with tears rolling down my eyes; in the sheer panic of the thought they would kill my loved ones.

'Get off me!' I scream again, as the younger man tries to hold me down, I kick him, winding him, as he kneels I pull away grabbing the knife he was about to stab my Mother with, I fall to the other side of the floor.

'Ludelle!' Mother screams, she tries to get to me but the older man hits her again.

It angers me, I stand and run towards the older man with the knife. But as I approach, I slice of pain greets me at my stomach, for there is a knife there, I stop, look down at my wound, the blood gushes out as I become weak; I step back. Then everything goes black.

                                                                              ***

I do not open my eyes, the wetness from the blood of my stomach is gone, I felt pressure on my stomach, like it had been bandaged; but I am moving, fast, I hear the two men speaking. They were not carrying me as I was laying, but the movement is bumpy. I groan.

'She's waking up!' One of the men speaks.

I slowly open my eyes and slowly sit up, at first there is a blur, but then clear as day, we are in a truck what looks like a green truck, we are in the back and someone else is driving in the front , I see the two men that killed Father. I do not speak as rage is boiling up inside of me. I scream, and go to punch the younger one.

'Where's my Mother!' I yell.

The younger one grabs my arm. 'Your tough aren't you?' He chuckles.

I try and force myself out of his grip. But its no use.

'What do you want with me.' I speak hopelessly.

They do not speak.

'Just kill me and get it done with.' I speak again.