two

🌿🌷🌿

the fawnlette was intently upon his tippy toes, books in hand as he desperately tried to push a book back in it's rightful spot upon the shelf. someone left it sticking out, and tyler, being the owner was quite displeased. dainty, the soft pads of his fingertips dancing to push the book back in, he sighed settling back to his regular height.

his doe-eyes gazed around for a second before grinning at a stool in the corner. without much hesitation, and delicate books still in his arm, tyler dragged the stool over in front of the creaking book shelf. the mustard hue giggled when he reached the respectful height to push the book back in it's place, but just as he was about to step down, mind without looking for his way down, he tumbled back.

oh, how tyler was expecting the pain, the bruises and the agony of a yelp, though, that never came. he was met with the warmth of another, and wide, sharp eyes looking worriedly at him. holding his breath tightly, and letting it fall out in a pant, joshua pulled him closer until tyler regained his balance once more.

"are you okay?" the lavender tone gave him chills up his dainty bones, and with another held breath, he nodded slowly.

"i-i believe so." tyler shut his eyes and let out a shaky sigh before feeling the big, warm hands leave his limbs. in a small honey tone, he spoke gently, giving his best weary smile. "thank you."

a bark echoed between them, setting their gaze to a certain pup in the door way. white fluff, almost like a cloud, and a delicate giggle rushing out from plump lips.

but, joshua couldn't help but to stare at the honey hue.

tyler fixed his wired glasses upon the bridge of his nose before staring back at the older man. "w-what brings you back, joshua?"

a rough hand fell through his brown curls, scratch the back of his neck before settling his warm hands back into his coat. "i came back to ask you..." he trailed off, clearing his throat as he stared into tyler's big, doe-eyes. "what time is your lunch break?"

the fawnlette held the books tighter to his chest, squirming in his spot under the sharp gaze, peaking under lidded eyes. "around twelve usually."

he thought back to the yummy ham sandwich he had in his lunch box. oh no, now tyler was getting really hungry, even when he had breakfast this morning! joshua seemed to notice the bite in those plump lips as those doe-eyes fell in a trance of concentration.

"would you mind if i take you out for lunch, then?"

tyler widened his gaze, peaking up at the taller, brunet man, and noticing the slight blush upon his pale cheeks. the honey hue felt his heart warm up, beating quickly as those trembling hands fell upon the woven, rough skin of the book in his arms.

tightly.

carefully.

"i-i made my lunch today."

joshua's sharp eyes seem to widened, and his stance fell as did his heart.

"oh- right-" he scratched between the tendrils of chocolate hair nervously, but tyler's tone fell through suddenly.

"i me-mean, if you'd like to join me, then i-i wouldn't mind at all!" flushed cheeks bright, adoringly to the older man, and plump lips bitten raw.