Chapter Three

Sorry for the long wait! I think all of you will like this one though... It's a great mix of action and drama, and there's lots more to come... :)           

--------------------------------

When I walked over to where Zayn was sitting, he just smiled at me.

“What’s up?” I asked.

“Oh, you know, about to do an interview,” He said.

“Really? I didn’t know,” I said in a sarcastic manner.

“Darcy! Get out of the camera shot! The interview’s about to start,” Ammie squealed.

“Sorry, your highness,” I told her.

She just rolled her eyes and laughed at me. We both sat behind the camera and watched the interview. I noticed she was fidgeting with her phone.

“Are you nervous or something?” I asked her.

“Liam gave me his number,” She babbled.

“OH MY GOSH!” I squealed.

We both jumped up and started freaking out. Sometimes I miss this part of life; the part where I got to be normal for once.

Once the interview was done, five boys came running toward Ammie and I.

“What was all that yelling about?” Niall asked.

“Oh, nothing,” I said, nudging Ammie in the side. Her face went red.

“Well, we’ll see you later Ammie. We should be heading back to the hotel now,” Liam said.

“Bye Ammie,” I said.

“Wait! Darcy, I didn’t get your number,” She said.

“I’ll just have Liam give me yours,” I told her.

“O-okay,” She stuttered.

As we were leaving the building, Louis ran to the limo that awaited us. I got in last and sat beside Harry. He rested his arm over the top of my seat and it was a little awkward. My phone was buzzing loudly in my pocket. I answered without looking at the caller ID.

“I’d be careful if I were you, Darcy,” A deep voice said.

“Who is this?” I asked.

“You’ll find out soon. Watch out. We’re always watching,” The man cackled.

He hung up. I knew it was a member of Elevated.

When the limo reached the hotel, I could tell Harry, Louis, Liam, Niall, and Zayn knew that I was worried. We all got in an elevator and we reached our floor.

“Boys, go in George, Tom, and Will’s suite,” I said.

“No,” Louis said.

“That wasn’t an option. It was an order,” I said.

I pulled out my gun and made sure all of them walked into the suite safely. Then, I slowly walked to the door of our suite. I unlocked it and quietly shut it behind me. I tried to be silent as I walked through the suite. My heart was pounding inside of my chest. I checked mine and Zayn’s room first. Instead of finding a man, I found a picture on my bed. As I walked closer I realized it was a picture of my brother, Drew.

In the picture he was tied to a chair and bloody. My heart dropped. It felt like my blood ran cold. On the top of the picture, it was signed "Elevated". I balled my left fist up and clenched the gun tight with my right.