Chapter Thirteen

Hey guys! It's been a few days so I thought I would update. The last chapter didn't get many comments or votes, but that's okay because I enjoyed writing it anyways! I hope everyone likes this. This chapter is sort of the beginning of all the action. I hope you like the new characters introduced.

Without further ado, here's Chapter Thirteen! It is dedicated to harrys_bo_0105 for having the best comment. It made me laugh!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Chapter Thirteen

Darcy’s POV

“Don’t make this harder than it has to be, Miss Cambridge,” John Jackson told me.

My body was slumped against a wall and for some reason I couldn’t move my body. I was too weak. I looked down and my jeans were ripped, revealing bruises and large gashes all over my legs. I gasped when I saw my hands were cuffed together. I cried out in pain as the metal dug into my wrists and cut them open.

“You won’t win, Darcy. No one is on your side,” He laughed in my face.

“You’re lying!” I screamed.

Suddenly, Louis, Liam, Harry, and Niall came from behind John Jackson. They all had solemn expressions on their faces. The four boys stood beside John. He looked to all of them and smiled as if he had won the lottery. I noticed that one was missing. Zayn.

Unexpectedly, he came out of the shadows holding a gun. I smiled at him. He was going to shoot John Jackson and end this all!

“Zayn, my most loyal member… I knew you would not disappoint me,” John said. The smile on my face faded. I looked at the six of them in confusion.

“Confused, are you Darcy? Well, I managed to bribe these friends of yours into coming to my side. It only took a few million dollars but they are more loyal than I expected them to be. It’s a shame that you so trust their friendships when they were only betraying you behind your back. You wondered all this time how Elevated knew your locations and it’s because your ‘friends’ were telling me where you were the entire time,” John said.

I looked at the boys with tear-filled eyes. “I protected y’all with my life!”

Their expressions didn’t change. However, Zayn smiled a bit. He stepped towards me and got down on his knees. His eyes met mine. He looked amused.

“Everything was an act, Darcy. God, it was so infuriating having to deal with you for so long. I almost reached my breaking point, really. The boys and I are such amazing actors. I mean, we fooled you for so long. It was so amusing. The funniest parts were when I made you believe that you actually meant something to me,” Zayn literally laughed out loud. He clutched his stomach.

I tried to keep the tears from spilling out of my eyes, but this was impossible. They poured like waterfalls. I cried for myself. How did they fool me into thinking I was their friend? I looked Zayn in the eyes again, desperately searching for some sign that he was joking just to please John. My heart broke into thousands of little pieces when he had the same cruel look in his eyes.

“Zayn,” I cried out. I hung my head down and my heart wrenched. It felt like it was being twisted so violently. The pain in my chest was so overwhelming that I began to scream. Is this what heartbreak feels like? I kicked my legs violently, hoping that they would hit Zayn. I wanted him to feel the pain I was feeling now.

“Oh, Zayn, tell her what we did,” Liam spoke loudly as if he just remembered something.

“We killed your pathetic brother,” Zayn said while he was in mid-laughter.