Oh Boy

"Yes, sir, I do understand that it's a matter of national security, but with all due respect, my team and I just got back from being stranded on a deserted island for a month, and they need to rest before they dive headfirst into a case-yes sir-three hours? That should be enough time-thank you sir."

Cabe ends the call and sighs before dialing Toby's number. The agent was sure it was going to go to voicemail, but surprisingly, the shrink picks up on the fourth ring.

"If this is about a case, I don't wanna hear it," Toby states immediately.

Cabe sighs. "Kid, you and Happy have had your honeymoon."

"It's only been six days."

"Well how long were you hoping to have?"

"Two weeks at least."

Cabe fought the urge to groan. "It's your job, son-"

"Please, Cabe," Toby begs. "I'll owe you one."

The older man thinks for a moment, then sighs. "Alright," he finally says, hearing Happy in the background saying "Thank goodness!"
"Walter and Paige are all I really need anyway."

"You know, I'd be really offended by that," Toby states, "but I'm too busy to care. Thanks Cabe."

Cabe rolls his eyes before calling Walter. It rang and rang and rang until...

Your call has been forwarded to an automated voice messaging system...

The man frowns. Walter not answering was definitely abnormal. He tries again, but it goes to voicemail for a second time.

Maybe he's in the middle of an experiment and too focused to notice his phone ringing, Cabe says to himself.

Well, there's nothing else he can do, so he grabs his keys and drives to the Garage.

As Cabe parks, he spots Paige's Malibu parked right next to the entrance and he grimaces. He thought Paige had went home two days ago when he had swung by to grab his sunglasses. Evidently not.

The man turns his key in the lock and steps into the bullpen, illuminated only by the kitchen light and Paige's desk lamp. His eyes widen as he notices a frilly blouse lying at his feet. It was the same shirt Paige was wearing only two days ago when Cabe was at the Garage.

He smirked. There was only one reason why Paige's shirt could be in the middle of the floor.

He slowly advances to the middle of the bullpen and isn't surprised when he finds another article of clothing: Paige's mini-skirt.

"Oh boy," he mutters under his breath.

As he maneuvers around Paige's desk and starts toward the kitchen, praying that the couple is in there, he has to clap his hand over his mouth to prevent himself from bursting out laughing. On the third step leading up to the loft sits a lace bra, a Victoria's Secret tag facing right up at the Homeland agent. He immediately turns his head, feeling wrong just looking at the thing, as he steps over it and cautiously climbs up the staircase.

He stops right at the top and cranes his neck, listening for any indication that Walter and Paige were in the middle of something. But all was quiet, so he peeked into the loft.

A smile immediately spreads across his face.

Paige and Walter were both sound asleep in Walter's bed. Paige was nestled in Walter's arms, with her head laying on his chest. There was no way he could disturb them.

Cabe took one last look then made his way back downstairs, and as he walked out the door, he called his supervisor back.

"Sir, we're gonna have to retrieve that software tomorrow-"

~

Shorter than usual, but I hope you all liked it. :)
~