Chapter forty

⚠️ Warning - you must be 18 or over to read this as it contains mature content. Take it or leave it, don't bítch about it because the last time some of you did, it nearly costed me my whole entire book.

And one last thing, you're free to masturbate to vent out your frustration instead of throwing in mean comments.

Thank you and I love you... my horny little stars. ;)

Lovely cover made by the beautiful @XenaLockheart
Thank you so much sweet! 💋

***

Adriana's POV

"Gattina, I'm sorry."

My stomach twisted as I gaze at Dante through the dingy room, unable to fathom why he was apologising. Dante blinked at me as if he was endeavouring to compose himself in every possible way he could so I approached him. When I reached him, he wrapped his arms around me and held me in an embrace that I needed.

As I rest my head on his chest, I close my eyes for a second and as I did, dread pooled me when I reminisced what I had seen today.

Don't panic... it's not what you thought you saw.

My eyes snap open as I pull away from Dante, wiping the makeup off my face with my hands. When I realised what I did, I glance up at Dante expecting him to laugh but he didn't, all he did was frown and tremble in front of me.

"What happened Dante?"

"What happened?" He whispered in disbelief, like as if he was questioning at the fact that I asked that. My brows knit together as perplexity filled my face. He just watched me in distraught as he gulped. "Adriana, why didn't you tell me about Antonio?"

Immediately, my jaws clenched as I feel every chill run up my spine. I glance at Dante's chest, avoiding every opportunity to look at his face. Had I foreseen this question sooner rather than later, I would've answered him but my tongue was suddenly twisted because I had no time to say a plausible answer. Actually, I did not say anything to him because I had no idea which part of Antonio he was talking about.

"What.. what do you mean?"

"About..you... you were going to have his child."

Just as Dante spoke, my head snapped towards him and our gaze met. Just by a glance, I was able to tell how distraught Dante felt right at this moment and may I say that I have never seen Dante like this. The pain I endured years back had just about left however, every time I was reminded, my mind would be prompted to reminisce of those days, those night and exactly that day that ruined me yet provided me my liberty.

A small defeated sigh left me as I glance at Dante however, when Dante's dejection filled eyes gazed at me, it also captivated me. It was then I realised that Dante was awfully quiet and sad because of this.

"Is that why you're sorry?" I say, "You have nothing to be sorry for Dante, it was not your fault."

"That's not the point," A tear left his eyes and my heart slowly cracked open, "I'm sorry because I did nothing to protect you from him."

I cup his face with my hands and pull him closer to my face until our head was leaning on each other. I close my eyes and sigh as I feel his hand rest on my waist, the pure feeling of comfort just began to settle in me.